Hard Knocks

Have you caught the "Hard Knocks" on HBO?  It's a daily grind of the New York Jets in pre-season...outside of the language...like you've never heard it...is absolutely spell binding...that is, if you like pro football...I tuned in 'cuz of LT going there...and it is so much more...fastest hour on the tube...give it a try...
Finally...finally...finally...the Pads break their loss string...with a narrow V over the Dodgers...I really thought when it would happen we would score a huge amount of runs...still in first and well...what a relief...did it with a plethora of pitchers, as our number one guy, Latos, took ill...crowd noise was pretty good...even though it was against LA...go figure...
Winning the latest leg of the PGA playoffs was this feller from Poway, Charley Hoffman (no relation)...he sports the Khalil Greene look, and is soooo distinctive....Lefty blew up, and Tiger showed promise...and today the PGA announces their pix for the Ryder Cuppers...
As I was walking Sammi the other evening there was this entourage of people...about 7 of them I believe...admirably listening to this distinctive voice telling stories...fairly tall, slender gent, with a younger chick in hand...make no mistake...it was the talking giant, Larry King...normally I say hi to the famous...but he was in deep thought and a purveyor of oration at the time...very deep voice and did not...I repeat...look old...looked to be ambling over to the Marriott...
Big week for concerts for us...Sheryl Crow on Thursday, and my fav, the Beach Boys, on Friday...wouldn't it be nice...I get around...when I  grow up...on and on...

Comments

Popular Posts