Burning Books

I know, I usually preach about the good life of sports...but, there is an issue that is coming out of Orlando...this pastor has to make the airwaves somehow...so to "honor" the 9/11 disaster...he believes that he and his followers should burn the Quran...it is a vision of his to right a wrong, I suppose...correct me here...aren't all religions a freedom of speech?  Believe what you want...there's interpretation abundant everywhere when it comes to the Bible...Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Episcopalians, on and on, have their own take...does that make them wrong?  To others?  As the Quran is to many from that faith, their interpretation waffles as well...but to think that the elimination of the book is the answer is, well, absurd...and self serving...

OK, back to sport....the Padres win their 2nd straight and cling to a one game lead in the west...the closers are hanging tough and there is going to be great games coming up...especially this weekend with the Giants...right here in SD...c'mon Pad fans show up!

The closing day at Del Mar...yup, I'm going...one last chance at hitting the pick six...my record is picking 2 out of 6...there can't be a carryover, so even if I can muster up 4 I'll win...
Have a great Wednesday...

Comments

dws said…
The great irony is in the name of this white trash church. "Dove World Outreach" See my Facebook for other comments. Oh and by the way, the saddest part is that every network and cable station will have cameras there to give this idiot his time in the sun.

Popular Posts