It doesn't get better than this


As we are lying on the beach yesterday in 80* weather I surmised that it doesn't get better than this in May...I think about how close it is to get here...that I walk 3 blocks to a Padre game...that every type of restaurant I can think of is right below my condo...that at 9 pm I wear shorts and a t when I'm walking the dog...that my wife walks 1 block to her work...that I am not working...that I have over 30 golf courses near by, and, they are affordable...that I have a concert venue that begins in June that has great acts (Humphrey's)...that my dog is regular again...that I have an NFL team in town that I can call my own...that the bay is 2 blocks away...yes, it doesn't get better than this...
Are you watching the PGA this week? It's the Players and Lefty was up to his old tricks...military golf and he really did great to keep it at one over...an Orygun boy, Ben Crane, has the 1st round lead...Tiger is in the field...
The Padres pulled one out of the hat yesterday as David Eckstein drove in Kooz (yup, it's true) for the winning run in the 10th...the DBacks absorbed the loss and promptly fired their manager after...I can't make this up...
And I can't go quietly on this...Manny being Manny!...he finally got caught with growth hormones in his system and is suspended for 50 games...the Trib can do a twist on this how it may HURT the Padres...ultra negative writer Tim Sullivan (yup, he's a beaut) makes the case that the Dodgers will save $7.7 mill during this time and could sign Peavy at this affordable rate...sucks to be him...
Enjoy the sun...

Comments

Popular Posts