Laughingstock

I am talking about my Fantasy Football Team...we had 51 points...the entire group!...of course, I had benched my starting QB...hey, you know as fans, we do these things...and the 2nd stringer scored 8...the starter?...30+...serves me right...I had one guy that didn't catch a pass...I am the butt of all jokes in the league...and, like many Jag fans, I see no salvation...let's FIRE THE COACH!...oops, that's me...

When I am wrong I will tell you...and you Beaver Believers...you have a right to be up in arms...cuz you lurve 'em, fair or foul...outside of an extreme patsy schedule beginning...E Wash, Hawaii, and SDSU...the ship has righted...and OSU is playing well...you know, I am not a fan of the system...but it is clicking...and your QB Mannion is an outright stud...I cherished the knock out of Mike Leach's Cougs (despise that guy)...and you will seek forth and conquer your next opponent, the miserable Cal Bears...then the meat is there...Stanford, USC, Ariz St, UDub, and the Civil War...we'll check back in a  couple of weeks and see how you are doing...until then, nice going...

Big Papi!...just when it looked like the Tigers were going into Bosox and get a visiting sweep...the home team came to life...and how!...I know most fans would have vacated when Detroit put up a 4 spot...called it a day...not these NE fans...they are there for the duration of the night...and a little something turned it in to something big...and I swear, I felt the curse of Willie Hernandez...as Det brought in their closer to face Big Papi, 2 outs, and the bases loaded, 8th inning...first pitch, fast ball...bam!...knocked it into the bullpen...grand salammy....game tied...and would go on and win it in the 9th...on two errors by their 1st baseman...not charged with either of 'em???...it's the same way when AGonzo was playing for us in SD...he'd make 'em and never get nicked....

Little Italy Festival...I saw something on the tube yesterday, that was talking about a street fair over in Little Italy...a community about 8 -10 blocks away from us...so we got on our bikes and headed on over...WOW!...it was massive...more people than we had ever seen at the Octoberfest...foods, drinks, wares, good golly...Marsh bought me some sunglasses...wood ones...from Japan, not China...lady glasses...anyway, we had lunch there at Zia's Bistro...absolutely the best Italian food ever...we'll go back...didn't see any signs that the festival had anything to do with Columbus, you know your favorite holiday...a little bit too coincidental, don't you think?...

Talk about huge announcements...ABC brought back the Bachelor Sean and his pick...and they told the world that they were getting married on TV...ABC is paying for it...and we, the lucky public, gets to watch the spectacle...oh puke...staying with ABC...tonight is DWTS...we tape it...and it is great fun...gee, I hope the bastard Len is back...oops, too strong...I apologize, but don't take it back...

NFL...think Tom Brady doesn't have it still?...his comeback in the last minute was awesome over the Saints...the Broncos did not cover the 28 point spread...ha ha...Norv's Browns lost...Chipper has won 2 in a row....lead the east...and are using the Arizona kid as the QB...Foles...much better than Vick...Dallas beat the Skins...you know, the red ones...tonight the Bolts host the Colts...should be blacked out...but, by the goodness of the club, allowed the game to be shown locally...people here are skeptical...

Finally, an article in the Trib about the "Redskins" issue...by a reporter that is 100% Italian...and he alluded to the idea of acceptance....he did mention the origin of "Wops"...how that hurt his heritage...Italians were "without papers"...and that stuck...and he was angry about it...in the end...he was OK with the stoppage of the nickname...ha ha...bully for you...it's about degradation, you foo...change takes time...how about now?...

And with that, I close for today...
Happy Festivus...


Comments

Mike Gaiser said…
Pete, you should try Filippi's also in Little Italy
Crazy Horse said…
Hey Mike,
Yes it's good...but no where close to Padington's...

Popular Posts