Topsy Turvy

You want some upsets, do you?...in this topsy turvy day of football...biggest of them all?...Stanford losing to Utah...thought it would be close, as all the Cardinal games are...and wooah, the Stoops' Oklahoma Sooners stunned by Texas...the embattled head coach of the Longhorns, Mack Brown, hanging on dearly to his job there...BIG WIN!...Georgia going down to Mizzou...who, as being undefeated, will scream up the charts...and near...Texas A&M...pulling one out of the hat against Ol Miss...winning on a buzzer beater...FG...hey, the losers, all had the same color of unis....

The Ducks are for real, kids...soundly beating UDub in Seattle...without De'Anthony Thomas...still...QB Mariotta had a splendid game...and is LEADING in the race for the top collegiate football player...the stoopidly named Heisman Trophy...I digress...UO is better on D than I thought...and, out of the Paloose...the other Oregon team...OSU...won again...with the bewildering spread of 1, favoring the Cougs...still scratching me head on that one...the Beav offense was unstoppable (by WSU)...terrific day for the state...the Civil War might just be a doozy...

I finally got out and hit the links...called it my thousand dollar round...and played with my usual blokes...and we figured it was the 1st time in 6 months we were together....with Gary's bad back, Putts's new job, and my sickness...anyway, it was a great time...and geez, I shot an 84...which was dang good, kids...the old dog can still hunt...

Some of you are doubting the snub of Crazy Horse, about the significance of Columbus Day...I think back to the Sopranos...and their episode of it...where it was of great importance to the Italians...and how dare the "Injuns" think otherwise...when I was teaching, I was all in favor of a day off...regardless of the reason...so CC, I applauded...maybe, you were like that, too?...

Not sure how the PGA works...but it has already started for the next time around....didn't they just finish?...everyone needs some down time...right?...

So we watched the Hangover Part 3...it was turrible...on Apple TV...costs $4.99...is this good?...it is HD, with great sound...I tell you, I just can't find a flick that is worth anything...and they are being popped out like crazy...with the greatest hype of all time...and I am always disappointed...always...

Of course, there was no movement in the government shut down...you know the weekend and the extension due to your Columbus Day...you people!...does Congress get paid for holidays?...I sure hope so, as they are so worthy...especially Bonehead Boehner...oops, he's on the links...stop this line, CH...hey, but those blokes fooled the stock market, as it rallied Thursday and Friday...

The line...the largest in the history of such a thing being used....for the NFL...as the turrible Jacksonville Jags travel to Denver to be the meat of the Broncos...the spread is 27....and the scribes are saying things like...good time to rest the starters...it will be over by the half...blah blah blah...this one will be by a couple of TD's...trust me...it's the nature of the league...wait...don't ever, I mean ever, bet on the NFL....

The baseball semis....it is now the deal to not score runs...a rash of 1-0 games...eegads...talk about booooring....unless, you are a fan of one of them...the rest of us WANT RUNS!...and these games last forever...I mean, c'mon....step up and swing the bat...


Ooogie Boogie...


Comments

Popular Posts