I Remember You


It is nearing the summer time of recollections...wait, Horse, you forgot to announce we indeed are in SUMMER now!
...yes, spring has sprung...the gaggle of reconvening is about to commence...what on earth are you talking about?...the REUNION SEASON...time to shimmy, shape up, botox, and paint your hair...glam for the time to see your old buds...drive up, train in, fly in...whatever...get your hotel, motel, or whatever plans made...

Boss has her 50th...and there are so many others planned...as we witness on Facebook...my group has mini-reunions throughout the year...which I am out of, as, well, where we live...but the worst...yes, the worst...is when one comes up to you and says 'Hi Shep'...and I have no clue to whom I am speaking...the obligatory, 'I remember you'...

That song, was a huge hit...back in the day...by Frank Ifield...unfortunately for him, he was battling the charts with the beginning of the Beatles...isn't it great, that most of your memories are co-existing with the music of those days?...

Sadly, we witness the passing of too many of our school mates...dang if I don't read the online paper for the obits...and really, as one ages...it's kind of hard to recognize some people...so, sometimes, it isn't too great to attend one of these gatherings...many do not...what you think, 30% do?...the downer...I have yet to hear someone say to me 'can hardly wait to see you'...ha ha...the Horse has no impact....to be fair, I have never said that either...

And...if there is but one song that sums up my feeling over the years...it is by the one and only Cher...who I think is my age...'If I Could Turn Back Time'...

Pivoting...

Seems to me, that most everyday, the country is muddled up in questionable acts by...judges...some of them...used to be, they judged, regardless of party affiliation....now, it appears to be partial to, and highly tainted...what happened to our system?...it was considered non-flawed...not now...

Less than a week before debate number 1...at this point, both combatants appear to be a go...

The LaLa Lakers did finally hire JJ Reddick as there new coach...never coached before...I dunno...in the NBA, not sure a lot of X's and O's go on...but, managing highly paid brats...is what you do...you never hear 'set it up!'...most don't have plays...pick and roll...corner up...stay until the rock gets to ya...and then fire the ball for a 3...pro hoops nowadays...

Talking about passing...Donald Sutherland...who was like in so many pix...flicks...terrific actor...was not always in the lead...MASH may have been one of his best...

Went to sleep, thinking that the Friars had the game in the bag...turns out the bag had holes in it...took a walk off Home Run, by Croney....to get the W in the 9th...

Breaking...the Horse wants a tat...where on earth does one put it?...

Comments

Popular Posts