It Never Rains in Southern California



'It never rains in Southern California, but girl, don't they warn ya?...it pours, man, it POURS!'

Incredibly, we have yet to have the Pineapple Express hit us...YET... San Diego...on the other hand, just north of us, they have been bombarded...Dr Cris in Montecito, a Keizer to Santa Barbara...for youse unaware...has been in constant peril...he has been using 3 sump pumps to help the water go...away...the storm has been all the way up to SF...and beyond...this is a massive one, ya'll...the width is extraordinary...so curious what happens to it, once it starts across the country...

Dang if I didn't watch a couple of things, I said I wouldn't....first the NFL All Star stuff...it was really kinda fun...the rope pull, and the flag football...the players really got into it..which helped everyone else enjoy the time...kinda like a 7 man football, that most high schools use during the summer...listen, it is better than the pads on thing, that no one wants to tackle the other guy...

The other is the Grammy's...I did find it odd, that most of these 'pop' awards went to the women in the field...in fact, most nominees were women...just the opposite in the country awards, where it is dominated by the male specie...nothing sexist, here...ah, or is there?...for the time I watched, there was no political banter...we save that for the Oscars, I hope...Taylor Swift continues to dominate...as per usual, I don't think I can tell you one song I knew...that the performers did...well, no...I couldn't...didn't...zero...

MILEY CYRUS, a recipient of her first Grammy...while performing her song, stopped in the middle and gave the crowd, a 'you know this song' routine...nope, this crowd here at the home, didn't...either...

The latest craze in battery power...is lithium...so where do these manufacturers get it?...from the ground, kids...and just south of the Palm Springs/La Quinta/Indio townships...is this body of water that is ladened with it...the Salton Sea...curious again, will these flood waters get to the Salton Sea?...make it more difficult to get the lithium?...I dunno...

Boss and I did get our flu shots...my arm is sore, as last week, when we got our Covid booster, it was not...just the opposite for Boss...go figure...

The lead bit for today...the song that I DO KNOW...'It Never Rains in Southern California'...about a dude who was flying west to SoCal...co-written by Albert Hammond, who did the singing...on it...was a hit in '72...how true it is this week...


Comments

Popular Posts