'57 Chevy



Back in the days...when I first was driving...don't try to figure the year out, kids...let's just say I was still in high school...I was at the mercy of my dad, to get the wheels that I drove
...duh...and he brought home a '57 black...Ford...4 door...it was what it was...I was happy to get ANYTHING...I would take my mom to work in the am, and then go to school...she was one of those, who had never ever driven...not sure why, but just didn't...then, it was my cruisemobile...man, I always cherished the other one...that '57 Chevy...my dream?...the candy apple one...never got it...in fact, as I went off to college, got a '56 Olds...which really was a rad machine...the car, I wish I could have hung on to...nostalgia...
You know I always thought by the age of 57 I would have snagged the Chevy...that year has gone and passed...like many of them...

Michigan had their primaries yesterday...the same two won...Prez B and whatshisname...this is what we shall see, until the orange gets the hook...the thought has crossed my mind, that the court stuff...will not deter the magas...maybe that is good...as they don't have the numbers...trash doesn't always get in the proper receptacle...

This is the ripe time for the pros...ah, NBA...as the potential to get into the playoffs looms...they seemingly, play harder...and the wins are increasingly important...I gagged in yesterdays' pundit show...they still are holding on to the Knicks...ah, who lost again...keep your purly whites on the Golden State dudes...they are climbing...and the Heat in the east...same direction...

We are about to embark onto a place we have never been...Tucson, Arizona...my much older bro and his wife are there...so, we are to go infringe on their hospitality...for a week...well, in all, it takes a week...hopefully golf some and take in a Cactus League game...maybe go BOO at a Bum's game...

The eyes...I was right...my vision had, er, has, changed...and I have new lenses...I can see!...unfortunately, the damn cataracts are swirling about...and in the next year or so, the surgery will be a must...Boss's eyes?the same since grade school...no kidding...what the ?...

Most of you (Coach Greg the holdout) do the Costco shopping gig...what is you average bill upon leaving the store?...mid $300's?...imagine back in the day, any super bill over $60...inflation?...hey, and a shout out to Coach Greg...the place he coached, much longer than I, the high school won their league...guys hoops...Sprague...he has been a loyal follower ever since retiring...

Just read this back...a lot of frivolous things all about me...sorry for boring you today...I will get back to the world tomorrow...

Of all the concerts we have been to...the good, bad, and ugly...one that has alluded us...eluded, you spaz...is the great George Strait...so, on the bucket list...is to see him this year...somewhere...we may have to fly to Nashville...hmmm, and Alabama, too...maybe see them both...

Gonna do a wrap...meeting Cuz Larry out at Singing Hills this am...

Comments

Popular Posts