All I Want for Christmas



'All I want for Christmas...is YOU!'
...not sure who does the voting on this...the fav Xmas song of the year...just has to be the same who vote for the Oscars...but, this Mariah Carey classic is number 2 this season...written for her back, like way back, in 1994...it has been a instant smash and continues to light up the Holiday Season, like no other...well, Brenda Lee and her 'Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree'...she got the nod this time around...BTW, she recorded this when she was....drum roll please...12!...back to MC...we saw her in concert in Vegas...she was absolutely great...

Voting...like from SCOTUS...trump has to be calling out his cards on this Colorado banishment from thee ballot edict...'HIS' judges will surely have his back, right?...which paints a bleak picture on 'true' justice...well, just ask most any woman in our country on their banning of abortion...like my Cousin Larry has said often, we need to have term limits on those Supreme Court Judges...wait, maybe he didn't say that...could have been me...do you agree with him and I?...

I have another confession for ya'll...the Horse likes these bowl games...not all of them...some...as most of the coaches get bonuses for a win...so, they are chewing the refs like never before...and I do like College football more than hoops...to watch...really, makes no diff who is playing...I gander at 'em anyway...

For all the rain we are supposed to be getting in south SoCal, we finally got a bit last eve...this morning?...sunny skies abound...the stuff is offshore and is heading north and south of us...dang weird weather pattern...did NOT think I could play golf on Festivus Eve...we shall see...

Which brings me to the club...as I was checking in yesterday, I mentioned that is was just 3 days til Festivus...and the dude, Trevor...threw his hands in the air, and said 'you got me this time'...laughing, I said "don't you watch Seinfeld?", as he fell all over himself...others chimed in 'the fits of strength'...'the grievances'...funny stuff...

By chance, and I do mean chance...the Horse happened on to the final of Survivor...had no idea...but viewed it til the winner was voted on...she was Dee...and she deserved it...and sheesh...it was a good 3 hour production...she had a tremendous amount of fits of strength...too bad they could not have tied this into Festivus...ah, for the rest of us...

JLo and Ben, or should that be Ben and JLo...say that they have PTSD from their 1st rocky relationship back in 2001...post dramatic stress disorder...that's too bad...perhaps, they should STS and get on with their very public lives?...split the sheets...or maybe do like Cam Diaz recommends, SB...ah, that is sleep in separate bedrooms...JCC...

I can recall, back in my teaching days...in our laborious faculty sessions...that most every educational system was compared to the incomparable one in Colorado...you always failed in the match up...so, the idea, er concept, was to change what we did, to what they did...as I have said forever, it is not so much the coaching, but the talent you have to deal with...I recall talking to a Lake Oswego (Oregon) English teacher in my Master's Program...and she said that 92% of her school went on to a 4 year college...yea, well...

Somehow, I have strayed mighty far from the season before us...let's get back...speaking of Get Back...watched an Amazon flick of McCartney...which left me thinking that he was near, well, part near...full of himself...the Beatle guy, who was always in comparison to Lennon...he did have an Xmas Song...definitely in his silly little love songs, tempo...'Wonderful Christmastime'...released in 1979...he was with Wings at the time, yet, curiously, they were NOT on the song...


Comments

Popular Posts