2023 Bye Bye



Or should that be, Bye Bye 2023?...another year has just about happened...was it a good one?...we must look at the glass half full, not empty.
..as I give you another Horse lesson...there is no reason for pessimism for the goodness of YOUR health...find the good and get on with it...alas, that is not the way of the average fan of sports...their motto is 'what have you done for me lately?'....

So, I guess I will dwell in the glass half empty for a bit...take the footballing Ohio St Buckeyes...fresh off yet another loss to their hated rival, the Michigan Wolverines...on to a ho hum bowl game vs Mizzou...the 'faithful' figured this will be a blowout and Coach Day will have saved the ...can't say Day, cuz, well, that's his name....let's go with his JOB...which is now...in doubt...can beat everyone else, but not the biggees...here we go...bye bye...

Still half empty...what on earth was that OSU effort?...like Beavers...against Notre Dame?...40-8 and that was kind of the Irish to keep it at that...too many OSU coaches and players GONE...and they do not have the depth that most ALL other teams have...well, it was...embarrassing...not sure what they could have done...really...

How about a half full story...the SDSU Aztec hoopsters rambled into Spokane for a probable notch for the hometown Zags...win...you must realize, kids...this coach and the Aztecs play DEFENSE!...the lost art in all of basketball...guess what?...SDSU beat Gonzaga by 10...and serves notice, we are back!...played in the finals last season...and well, why not again?...notice I said 'we!'...fair weather what?...

Half full...today's Lions and Cowboys match up...love the Lions, hate the Cowboys...well, as long as I am not in Texas...refer back to my tale of being there, like is that 10 years ago?...really?...the resurgent Detroit team is a blast to watch...and fingers crossed, they score a bunch and get the W...

SCOTUS...ah, sorry to say, but the element of them are more of the half empty side...as they will soon deal with the ongoing states sagas of leaving trump off the ballot business...notice I said, more than half empty...am sure they will disrupt the state's wishes...and grant the orange back on...too bad, as he is certainly NOT WORTHY in these eyes...

Half empty...I guess...we watched the flick 'Holiday Inn', starring Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, and Marjorie Reynolds (who?)...1942...released...music by the immortal Irving Berlin...it was rolling along...until they had a 'black face number'...that got me confused...well, it was kind of a feel good thang...especially made during WWII...I guess, in reality, a sign of the times...

A back story to that film...when this dude, Eddie Bluestein was laying out the plans to the now...all over the USA...The Holiday Inns...the name came from that Bing Crosby 1942 flick...the 1st one was in Memphis, of all places...

Half empty...the head of the Bronco's coach, Sean Payton...maybe more than half, just like SCOTUS...the other part is full blooded ego...

Half full of it...my golfing buddies...as I told them about the greatness of the Prego Spaget Sauce...they informed me that they made their own...Bobby Flay would have been impressed with their concoctions...I am sure, well, I dunno, they are great...but, as I added after listening to a 15 minute oration spree, 'well, dudes, if in a pinch for time, try the Prego'...their response?...we have extra in the freezer...you stubborn foos...

Not sure how this qualifies as half...well, brained...but, in our jaunt to the super today, we must go by the ocean and see if we have them shock waves out there...geez, I see now...it is...gulp....raining!...'but we need it'...

The most difficult things for a human to say...in 3 words...well, if you hyphenate, 2...I am sorry...er, I'm sorry...

Did I even talk about 2023?...man, I guess I will save that for tomorrow...I have one more day...


Comments

Popular Posts