Skeeter



There are times that the Horse's mind goes in a different direction than most others...I heard this song, coming home from the course...ah, of course...that I hadn't heard FOR YEARS!...years, I tell ya
...you do know I am a music junkie...can't sing, but lurve harmonies and lyrics...wait, I was in the 8th grade choir in JH...why?...I knew no music...sang the song that I heard...alto, tenor, shoot, I dunno...whoever I was standing by, just had to be cringing...well, covering their ears...man, I wish this wasn't true...

Back to the point, Horse...this song 'I Can't Stay Mad at You'...a wistful tune, that had the most wonderful singer sang it...Skeeter Davis...considered to be a country star at the time...before country music was cool...wasn't that a song by Barbara Mandrell?...I digress...Skeeter had a voice that almost cried...much like Connie Francis's...she had another hit, that I really liked, er like...'The End of the World'...check her out, kids, you will find her startling...good...

Not so good...was all the teams that I wanted to lose...to help the Ducks...won...egads...but, not by blowouts...and some were dandies...UW escaped from WSU...Michigan upset Ohio St (that coach can't beat the Wolverines)...Georgia barely over Georgia Tech...Florida St taking advantage of Florida errors...BUT, the worst was the Tide last second win over Auburn...the Iron Bowl...should be called the Iron head one...time out for the last play of the game...'Bama has 31 yards to go...only a TD wins it...the brain trusts meet on each side...Auburn came up with this...rush 2 and drop 9...the Alabama QB, literally had 10 seconds to find his guy...did and won...NOW, whoever called that D, SHOULD be fired...

As I gave you the rumor, that did turn out to be accurate as Hell...Jonathan Smith to Michigan St...devastating to the Beaver Nation...who are now, left on an island with the Cougars..have not heard this yet...is he taking his staff with him?...well, he has nowhere else to go, but up...as the Spartans are terrible...

Day 3 of the hostages exchange...do not believe any American has been released yet...I think there are 10 held...that is if you are keeping tally...sorry, that sounded crude and unwarranted...breaking...I am hearing 3 Americans to be released today...one, a FOUR YEAR OLD!...

Speaking of keeping tallies...the Monster Sudoku is today...I have 33 solved ones...yes, all, I keep track of this...my go to on Sundays...

More on Skeeter Davis...she was born Mary Penick...1931...got her name 'Skeeter' when she was a youngin...which is slang for mosquito...ha ha...true...started as a group, the Davis Sisters...and rambled throughout the country world, for seemingly YEARS...did the crossover and became popular (see Taylor Swift]...60's...died in 2004...

Donna Brasile..."trump won't need more Black votes.  He just need Black voters to stay home again."...

Finally, Boss and I did hang our tree yesterday...purty...now, we have to put the stuff on it...we are working in stages...

One more thing...'I Can't Stand Mad at You'...was a Carole King/Goffin song...


Comments

Popular Posts