Whatcha Doin?


Way way long time ago...one of my buds would ask this
'Whatcha Doin?'
...seems like it should have been a slogan for the 60's...as, of course, we all said it...at least, my smallish gang...I can still recall with a wide grin, when he asked my Uncle Irving that...and with the grace and humor he had built in, repeated it back to him...laughing out loud...and then...when ever he saw my bud, he would ask him first 'Whatcha Doin?'...the things your mind will recall...er, my mind...this bud, was a former hoopster friend in high school...Bill Johnson...have no idea where he is now...time marches on, my good friends...

It was a very good day for the Ducks...as the Wazzou football team came ready to play...and their QB is a dandy, when on...and he was on...took a strong 2nd half for UO to get this win...can you believe that this was the 1st game of them, I got to see it's entirety...next weeks opponent, Utah...is fresh off beating the Trojans yesterday, on a FG...so, Oregon at Utah...in yet another biggee in the league...ah yes, USC now has lost 2...and the LA Times sports rag, Bill Plaschke, jumped all over the HC...sports writers can be brutal...this guy is one of the worst...it was a good game, dude...

There was a huge demonstration in the downtown here in San Diego...pro Palestine...not so much the Hamas...the leader of their region...and Gaza...which gets me to the point I may have...no ground war yet...which makes me thinketh...there must be negotiations going on behind the scenes...to get the hostages out...nobody is saying this...it's what the Horse thinks...but, time is waning...and the shock and awe...is too close...

Now that I am passed with the birthday and all...as I am bringing back things from the past...well, my 1st paragraph was...the long lost letter...or, in this case...the birthday card...I used to treasure them...as peops would send them with love...ha ha, or obligation...I dunno...now, it's all via texts, Facebook posts, or emails...with the cost of stamps, and the irregularities of the mail...it has become a lost art?...not sure art, is right...so, just for kicks, I lined all my cards up...I got one...now, the postman has kept our mail, while we were gone...so, there could be a bundle in there...or not...we shall see...just a quick note here...Linda E still sends cards to Boss...and it is sooooooo cute...

Coach Barney Fife, of my FF team...sent me a get well card...well, he crossed out, the bereavement part...doesn't he know, I pay the bills?...

It does take a while to undo a 2 week trip...all the things that pile up...and even tho Boss is sick, she keeps right on a ticking...my knee hurt, is so I couldn't help during the games on the tele...hint...but, there is this table that needs to be put together...that is calling my name today...hey Boss, how are you with the screwdriver?...

Britney has a book coming out tomorrow...yes, that Brit...she is gonna tell the truth, and nothing but the truth...hmmm, donny, now it's your turn...if you could only write...

Peace...


Comments

Popular Posts