Patience, Patience



Yes, it was good to be back home...but, the journey, was another thang...8 hours on the Amtrak
...then, egads, there was a closed track ahead...so we disembarked at Solana Beach...called a 'Lyft' and got the final leg done, via the car ride...what?...a Coaster train, had hit a person...which closes the track...they said it would be like that, for an additional 2 hours... sitting on the tracks, just a waiting...there were almost 500 patrons, doing the same as us...yup, there are that many 'Lyft's and Uber's in our area...which begs the query...is this the last time to use the train?...the immediate response, is YES...but, time heals the minds...we shall see...

Anyhow, we got home...rested a second...literally...had a stiff one...freshened up...and went down to the party that was going on at the home...Labor Day shindig...food, which we had none...the impetus...and telling the above story, over and over...and over...great ice breaker...which brings me to a RUDE thang...very RUDE...

As one is talking, the person who you are talking to...stares out into space and fades away...right in mid sentence...like I am really a rad story teller...ha ha...and TWICE it happened to moi...the so called receiver, just drifted away...I stared at them for a brief second and just laughed....perhaps, the persons were DRUNK...which means, that the Horse is incredibly naive thinking that anything I would say would make sense to them, anyhow...suffice to say, that is put into my memory bank...and I will snub the foos from here on...

Got back into the friendly confines of the condo...and finally...got to see some college football...and it was a doozy...about 3 quarters of the always tuff Clemson Tigers and their yawner over the Duke Blue Devils...wait a minute, buster...what was this?...it was a competitive game...and NO, it was a slam bam for DUKE!...very fortunate, opportunistic D...causing turnovers...and then the O came alive...and the Dookies stormed the field in a gallant win and euphoric time in the place that normally has a poor football team and a great hoop one...it was fun...

The fact finding tour...up to Montecito...we love our kids...but...the transition from here to there, is a major problem...the housing there, is all supply and demand...there are no new homes going up...so, what we can buy, is no where close to what we live in here...unless, you sock a major amount of loot into them...we are on a fixed income...so, the plan is on hold...perhaps, forever...well, again, we need to take some time...as the immediate decision appears to be an easy one...

OK, I said I wouldn't...but to comment on the Friars...after being eliminated from the playoffs...why on earth are they pitching the oldest guy in baseball, who has nothing left?...bring up your new guys...your minor leaguers...your prospects...give them some much needed MLB work...it's like the management has NO CLUE...

The implosion of the Pac 12...as every one of the current teams...the final 12...are all undefeated after the 1st round of games...not since 1938?...something like that...wooah, it may be the season of the west coast...wouldn't that be ironic?...patience, should have had patience...

Covid 19 still lingers about...as the 1st lady has it...but, the epidemic is gone, right?...I was asked by our pharmacist if I wanted the flu shot?...man, I am not sure if I have had it already, or not...have had so many needles stuck in my arm in the past 3 years...

Not to belabor the point...but the Home's crack picture committee, has put up a new set of pix...and the party was to determine the winner...by it's voting...no, the Horse did NOT put an entry in this time around...enuff black balling in the past, to last a lifetime...

I did take a fall at the kid's house...missed a step...and bing, bang, boom...I got a no-no on my leg....and wrenched my neck...today, I feel the stiffness of it...yet, I am not ready for the glue factory...I shall recover...

There is an undercurrent that seeps big news...watch out for it...a newbie that could jump up and snatch the Demo headlines...and soon the Prez nod...Gavin Newsom...mark my words...

Hey, all these talk shows are going to finally be up to speed...the vacays are over...so today, they are gonna be real...not taped 6 months ago...and...locally, DelMar has 3 more dates this weekend...so, I am going...gots to cash out my voucher...and yes, gamble some mas...

Finally, the Horse is giving in...going on ESPN and entering a FF league...thanks to all who offered out in the Horse land (zero!)...gotta do it...makes me watching the Red Zone, a bit more fun...I will do the auto draft and just complain for 17 weeks...you're not listening are you...you turned away...mid-sentence...


Comments

Popular Posts