The Newspaper Doom



PBS got me a thinking...as the written word, via the newspaper...is becoming...a thing of the past
...DOOMED...does your home town have one?...or is it printed elsewhere?...here in Diego, we have the Trib...owned by?...bought out and sold by the LA Times...I think a Chicago based company owns it now...but small towns?...

Funded by local businesses, who may be just as DOOMED...shuttered, in lieu of the online shopping sites...well, so is the NEWS...online...thus, the newspaper has limited appeal, and AVAILABILITY!...but much deeper...is this thing called reliability...

We are dependent on writers, columnists, who have earned our trust...in the written word...locally, for sure...but now, that has been giving way...to national writers...via the web net...but, how about YOUR city?...where and by whom do YOU get the scoops of what is really going on?...

So, these fine writers to be, seek others ways of doing a craft...life's work...it is becoming extinct...my personal choice, is that of the sports writers...the beat...who, what, why, and how this team is doing...what YOU are left with, are guys just like me...man, who goes to the games and comments on them?...used to be, I'd get an interview after most all my games...by the local newspaper sports person...and then we would read about it, the next morning...GONE...simply GONE!...

Let's get into local politics...where are the watch dogs?...just try to analyze small town politics...supposedly, the newspaper writers, were on the fence...now you get one sided info, most often, slanted...so, you believe what you already have believed...it is what it is...until it is revived...somehow...might this be a cycling effect?...eventually?...hope so...

It's kind of like the haves and have nots...as big cities, still have the written word...and are scrutinizing what needs to be...in small towns, nope...guess one has to have a lot of trust...do you?...

Moving on...

Sen Mitch McConnell, of Kentucky...minority leader of the Senate...kids, he is not all there...2nd time in a month...he just froze will giving an interview...get help, sir, and it's time that you move on...

I could say the same of trump, but he hasn't got to the frozen state, yet...he blabbers on worse than anyone I know...but, still, it is time for him to move on...

Don't get me started about the Friars, who are indeed. moving on...

Week 1 of the collegiate football starts today...er, tonight...those games last week were week 0...whatever...and this schedule has a gaggle of lopsided matches...money games for the potentially clobbered guys...oh well, there is one...LSU and FSU...that could be good...the Ducks host Portland St....OK...Florida at Utah?...hmmm...

Youse guys in the know...the iPhone 15 comes out in September...like a few days from now...is there a big reason to trade up?...our 13's have been great...

The Horse had his lowest score ever yesterday...3 birdies will do that...what a great day...but, no one to celebrate with...ah, yes, Boss Lady...my amigos are fixing to vacay...which we are doing, too...

Absolutely LOVE 'Suits'...can't believe we missed it way back when...so well written...hey, BTW, are the writers still striking?...

The Scottish have this name...slang, I guess...soliloquy...for a bloke...that fits donny to a T...a cockwomble...no kidding...check it out...I would bet that 'tiny' (Stormy's name for him) would not be happy about that...'a foolish or obnoxious person'...'slang for a person who is prone to making outrageously stupid statements and or inappropriate behaviour while having a very high opinion of their own wisdom and importance'...

I am up early today...just took a cup of coffee...sat on the back deck...and marveled at the bustling about of the city (town?)....as it awakens...I do like this...hmmm...

The moon looks the same to me...except I think I saw the Indian space rocket on it...

You may think this is funny...perhaps, not...but when I leave for golf (thrice a week) I say I am going to work...and when I write me blog, I take a 10 minute break...from my other job, this here rag I throw at you...I do it cuz, I like to...no money...just cuz...

And with that, I bid you adieu...to the train today...to see them kids and their kids....well, our kids...



Comments

Popular Posts