The Weekend Report



Morning, kids...nothing surprises me...and then it does
...when my post stirs up sentiment...and I find people who differ from me, that have not said so prior...listen, it's OK...I respect everyone's opinion...might not understand it...but, we all have our own beliefs...it's what makes a democracy what it is...we are free to feel the way we do...without a gestapo seeking us out...or secret police...or...

What I read was 7 issues at hand in the trump indictment...in reality, it was 37 counts...and Tuesday the court appearance...and here we go...interesting, that the judge assigned is a trump appointee...make a difference?...as it has been repeated over and over...the law is the law...I am just relaying what he is going to do before that day...talk to 'his' people in his revivals...first one is in Georgia...I guess, the show must go on...

In the mile high city of Denver...the Friars got game 1 in the series...hit 5 home runs and still had to survive a comeback by the Rockies...9-6...and the Nuggets...come back to their homeland...UP 3-1 in the NBA finals...a convincing sweep of a pair in Miami...if I were a betting man, this team will win the championship...

Talk about comebacks...the Ducks were 8 down and won on a walk off hit...as the fans went delirious...beisbol, kids...in the D-1 playoffs...saw the highlight...it was goosey, er ducky...were YOU there?...

Speaking of Ducks...alum Sabrina Ionescu, now of the WNBA NY team...had 37 points last eve, with 8 three balls...wowser, she is a good un...always fun to watch her play...

Yes, we all have our favs for burgers...Boss calls me Wimpy...cuz I love them so...and since we have moved and Bob's has shuttered...at least the convenient ones...the passion for one is up for grabs...naw, the passion has always been there...but, the best?...the Horse likes the smaller burgers...really...and none are better, er finer, than In N Out...you know, I have never had a double double...we don't have to agree on this, either...

A lesser known fact...I played slow pitch softball...until about the age of 40...when my mind was going fast and me legs, not...I was a below average player...the one time I thought I hit one out...I was told to go back to 2nd...it bounced out...and that was my end to my career...

The Putin War...who to believe...as both sides are claiming victory in Bakhmut...how does that spelling fit you?...and I thought the English spellings were odd at times...

Watched a show about drugs in the WWII...that amphetamines were ISSUED to the soldiers...both sides...as part of the gear they had...is this true?...have you heard of this before?...I have not...is this practice still done, if true?...

The boys made fun of me at the course yesterday...called my hat names...the worst one?...Soupy Sales...shoot, it is a breathable derby cap...very stylish and beyond the scope of those stodgy, elder El Cajonians...I got even with their leader of their pack...suggesting that he should be wearing a helmet...as he fell recently on the course...there was a roar from his compatriots...he, not amused, flipped a finger at moi...called me a name, that is not conducive to this blog...as I tipped me cap, and marched on to the green...sweet revenge...

The Belmont Stakes today...the 3rd part of the Triple Crown...a 1 1/2 mile endurance race...today, if the weather is clearer, in Elmont, NY....yes, I will compete...waiting to see if it is on...

OK, all you officials, umpires, referees, and the like (?)...what is the hardest thing you do?...to me, it is calling balls and strikes in beisbol and softball...what you say?...

What say you?...watched a docu on Little Richard...he released some righteous hits way back when...50's and 60's...many say the impetus for the Beatles and The Rolling Stones...yet, he didn't capture the USA with his hits, like what the white guy, Pat Boone, did with the same songs...a sign of the times, I reckon...it's too bad and well, a sign of growth...thereafter...he paved the way for ALL artists to be accepted...some covers are better than the originals, for sure...not in this case...

So THIS is The Weekend Report, via the Horse...hope you enjoyed it...


Comments

Popular Posts