It's Only Make Believe




It was date nite here at the home...well, our home
...and the day itself was a bit fun...as the Horse went golfing...right, against Dr's orders...but, you all know me by now...and Boss went in for a hair appointment...her 3 hours of the day...she deserves it, like I have anything to say about it...the results were dramatic and beautiful...of course...and my golf you ask?...not one shank...thank you...

We were going down to the Gaslamp for a dinner at a new one for us...'Lumi's'...a Japanese style restaurant on top of one of the buildings there...so weird, as it was directly across from our 1st residence in the city (town?)...shoot, I think about the same level, too....the 6th floor...I digress...so, the Horse puts on long pants...this is not a norm, kids...well, Levi's, as I ditched my genuine Kirklands...which were too big...I digress again...and set the mood with some music from Pandora...

The Conway Twitty Radio station...for youse who has that service (Pandora), it is great...it played a lot of that era of country songs...by him, George Jones, Keith Whitley, Mel McDaniel...and on and on...it was so rad to hear those tunes again...ah, well, has nothing to do with Japanese songs...which I know of but one...'Sukiyaki'...a hit of the '62 times...'It's Only Make Believe' is one of Twitty's best...

Harold Lloyd Jenkins...that is Conway's real name...he founded his stage name looking at a map...true dat...saw Conway, Arkansas and Twitty, Texas...and let it be...Conway Twitty...the song I mentioned in my title, was a B side to one of his first attempts at a hit...on a 45...you remember those, don't you?...he then popped out some real gooduns...'Danny Boy', 'Lonely Blue Boy', 'Hello Darlin', and a duet with the infamous Loretta Lynn 'Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man'...

Listen, we saw him in concert like many moons ago...in Portland, Oregon...at a fair...70's...he was great...

Shoot, I didn't mean to take you on a historical journey, but I did...kept on a writing...but, I think what may have got me going...was an ad for some Cowboy Krocs...this must be a spoof, right?...bad enough that people wear the originals, but now in boot form?...c'mon...

Guess I am staying in music...but, the autobiography of the one and only Britney Spears is almost completed...can she write?...it must be a ghost writer...just like trump's 'book'...and the hot tease is that she is letting it all hang out...she already has, hasn't she?...at least that's what Snooki told me...

Back to 'Lumis'...it was a treat...and we had stuff, that I would never have ever eaten before...spices like were right on...uncooked fish?...yea, the Horse had it...the place was slammed...all open air, but covered...terrific ambience...and one more thing. we were certainly the elders there...well, I did see an older gentleman (yup, appears much older than moi) with a 20 year old...in Diego?...ha ha...

The NBA playoff bracket is set...these are best of 7, I think...yes, I should know...as the Heat beat the Bulls, and the TWolves regrouped and whupped the Thunder...for the last spots in...

The Friars be stinking up the home park...losing twice now...last eve an 11-2 embarrassment...5 more days til Jr saves this ship...

By now you have heard the flap about the Bud Light commercial...about the company using a transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney in it...and the conservatives went crazy and were boycotting the beer...not so fast says, donny jr...the company is a big contributor to his daddy...stop the boycott...ah, well, now THE HORSE is boycotting Bud Light...

Now if Madonna (Madonna Louise Ciccone) wrote an autobiography, I would read it...


Comments

Popular Posts