What's Cool



Sure, it is COOL!...what is COOL?...if YOU think IT is COOL, then it is COOL!
...who cares what others think...for many moons, the Horse was caught up in this...I liked something, and that was that...'Easier Said Than Done' by the Essex...loved it and others thought I was loco...of course, 'Alley Cat'...too...by Bent Fabric...these were COOL, and I felt COOL when I heard them on the radio, daddio...yea, well...

COOL is like a word of so many definitions...implications...feelings...but in my world, it meant but one thing...if I liked you, you were COOL...if the Cherry Coke was just right, that was COOL...if my Levis were skin tight, that was COOL...pegged perfectly...my brogues had to have these clippers on 'em...COOL...2 cheeseburgers, fries, and a root beer from Bob's...that was way COOL...

Recall this...when we all signed other's annuals...for posterity...ha ha...and I got this some, not a lot...'Stay COOL!'...you mean I was really COOL back then?...slang, dudes, slang...

Do YOU still use the word COOL?...I find myself doing so...not with the same passion...as it has changed it's meaning...now, an act of agreement...yea, that's COOL...but NOT the forte of the past...guess with my limited vocabulary, I should venture out onto new COOL words...hip?...rad?...groovy?...bad?...boss?...dope?...gosh, who now decides what is indeed COOL?...some bloke who has some hip followers, I reckon...

It's like who decides what clothes are in fashion for this year?...some duffus that is behind a desk in NYC?...'this in vogue for '23'...who is who?...tight jeans, baggy jeans, scuffed jeans, flared jeans...jeans with holes in 'em...who decides this?...who?...I think those who wear Costco jeans are COOL...but, that hasn't caught on...

Which brings me to politics...what?...why would anyone support trump?...who decided that was the way to go?...who started that?...probably the same duffus who decides what jeans are in fashion...think donny ever has wore a pair of jeans?...shorts?...he is for sure the slogan 'hip to be square'...

You know who is COOL?...whoever comes up with the golf attire...so many eras of rad clothing...I used to have a brown Lee Trevino shirt...zipper at the neck...it was COOL...and many cardigans just like Arnie wore...man, I miss them...and I am a hat guy...so many caps that are and were...COOL!...

The ultimate funky thing...the cars you own...ha ha, sometimes lease...whatever...lordy, I have had so many over the years...as I told you yesterday, would love to have my '56 Olds again...now have the '07 Beetle Conv and it is simply the bomb...COOL...not that I am jealous of those humongous screens in the newbies...that have the nav and rear view mirror...would put one in my VW...but the Horse is on a fixed income...

A modern day thing that is way way COOL...the hand held phone...where you can get news like pronto...call and keep track of your loved ones, lickity brindle...see scores and so much more...who still has a landline?...

I saw this and thought it was a joke...the Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker...yes, you can cook an egg, toast your muffin, heat up your Canadian bacon...then slap it all together...how they do this?...of course, on Amazon...COOL...

Gonna leave you with this...you know who is COOL?...YOU ARE!...for reading the Horse...thank you so much and do me a favor...pass me on...see?...you are really COOL!...

Comments

Popular Posts