The Day of Golf


Morning, kids...did not write yesterday, as I was out the door at 7...for a day of golf with my son...in LA
...the Pomona Pitzer Alumni Golf T...baseball alums...such a fun time...as Dr Cris gets to catch up with all his old buddies...fun for me, to watch and listen, too...as I tag along as the 4th member of the scramble T...clearly, the eldest out of all the entries is the Horse...11 teams in this year, so...

There was a stick in the group following us...massive drives and a dart thrower...could be a ringer, cuz I don't recall one in the past...we did miss last year...one of us, or both, were sick...anyhoo, that group was 6 under after 9...I made the great statement, 'well, we won't win this year, but we are having great fun!'...

The weather was cold...windy...rainy...and the good Dr and I both had shorts on...the ONLY ones...he had a bundle of warm stuff for his torso...I did not...BUT, I did have a stocking cap...that I did don, for at least 12 holes...and somehow, our group caught fire...not sure, but Dr Cris and I have won this thing at least 6 times...yea, go figure...now, AGAIN!...as we finished 9 under and won by 3...

The other 2 members were great kids from his team...big dudes...who could mash the rock big time...the old guy, put it in play and the youngins whomped the golf ball...kids, I say, as they were both 42 or so...same age as me son...my real add, was the chipping and putting...yes, all, I was finally spot on...go figure...

In the pix of the group, the 3 youngins look like real specimens, and I, resemble Pacino in the recent series 'Hunters'...


Did not see the thrashing of the 49ers by the Eagles...but, did get back in time to see the 2nd half of the Chiefs/Bengals...not having a horse in the race, with the way the game was officiated, KC was going to win this game...smelly, if you ask me...and the final penalty, with the Cincy guy shoving Mahommes out of bounds....dang stupid...thwarted an OT...'don't touch the QB'...anyhoo, the sooper bowl with Philly and KC should be a goodun...wonder who will be the officiating crew?...the Vegas Boyz know...

Hoops...why is it that LeBron always says he got fouled, and never says he fouled someone else...he puts on a show, both ways...now the LaLa people feel like it was rigged, when he didn't get the call in Boston...man, they should have been in the Valley League, when I was coaching...went south and we never ever caught a break...ha ha, no one from Salem did...well, just an observation, that may be biased...

Golf...Rory beat the hated Patrick Reed by a stroke in Dubai...even with the mysterious ball in the tree award that Reed got...you must turn in to Brandle Chamblee's coverage of this fiasco...saw a list of the most hated golfers...by fellow pros...Patrick is number 1 and Lefty is number 2...ha ha....

Just sayin...do not stick a mike into or near, Travis Kelce's mouth after a game...that is, if you don't want to bleep what he says...well, just start bleeping when he starts to talk...

The question of the day...why do we save books after we have read them?...I understand vinyls...we play them again...and again...do we read a book again?...is it for history?...lord, I use to save a Boolean Algebra book...got lost in one of the moves...never understood it then...or thereafter...I even took out a paper that I had notes on...I wrote 'em...had no idea what it was all about...now history books, I can see...but a John Grisham book?...

Does Gen Z read books?...er, a book?...have they ever?...do you really think that trump has ever read a book?...I know, he is not Gen Z, but it was a generic query...bet you a quid he hasn't...

The bulk of the am, the one thing I absolutely hate...the bills...gots to be done...have a good one, all...

Comments

Popular Posts