Raging




The word 'Raging' has taken on different meanings over the past decade or so
...slang had it's time with it...but right now, it has a more severe meaning in our son's city of Montecito...where there are RAGING waters everywhere....coming down the mountains of that area...so much so, that the inhabitants were evacuated...including Dr Cris and his clan...

There were extreme fires in the area a few years back (5?)...followed by heavy rains...and the RAGING went on then, too...not a good combo, and the rivers of water came rushing down the mountains...all the way to the ocean...well, the rains have returned...the land has not settled yet...and the RAGING waters have returned, too...

It is the land of many stars, so to speak...Oprah, Ellen, the Prince and the Princess, Katy, to name just a few...Ellen posted in one of the web sites, her view of it all by her pad...it can and may be devastating...Dr Cris not only has his home there, but his practice is in the zone, too...where he spends gobs of time, sump pumping and sand bagging...the word out, is that the rains will taper off this early afternoon...fingers crossed...

Just got a call from the boy, his structures made it thus far...one more event is gonna happen by Mother Nature...then, they shall return...wish them well, my good Horse readers...

RAGING...also works for the Georgia Bulldogs...as they claimed their 2nd straight Natty Crown...swamping the Horny Frogs of TCU, by the score of...get this...65-7!!!...no match...38-7 at half...egads...which makes the first game of the season for the Ducks/Bulldogs much more respectable...I guess...you know, this champ game...correct me if I am wrong...you could put Georgia, Alabama, Ohio St and Clemson in and be about right...all other teams are not worthy...like in high schools, go class A and B...or, in the hoops, the NCAA and the NIT...

Man. take this entire Georgia team....and move them to the NFL next season...and see how'd they faire...

I continue to read my VietnamWar book...so disheartening...how our political 'brains' can lose so many Americans to such a horrific fight...not to mention all the Vietnamese who lost theirs, too...it's a sham on our leadership...there were advisors telling our leaders to stop and vacate...but, they turned 'deaf ear'...

It's been 75 years of me knowing about Congress...well, let's be more accurate...58 years of me being aware...but, at no time, have I ever seen so much of the inner workings of it, as I have this past 4 years...thanks to Fonny, for opening up the eyes of the television lenses to it...even though, he probably had no idea what it was all about...hate trump...

Both if us being sick, we masked up and went grocery shopping yesterday...well, I let Boss out to do the dirty work...knowing today was going to be a rain event...and Lordy, I did it again...made pork chops, that were virtually inedible...I am o far 2...almost have lost the right to cook...brined 'em and still, tough as shoe leather...

If you had a baby right now...well, c'mon, other than my 75 yr old amigos and amigas...let's just say it happened...and it was a boy, what are the chances you would name him 'Stetson?'...

Today is the day...that we need to seek out some good flicks to watch...any ideas?...please, no royalty ones...enuff of that...I like rom-coms...

One of the very few 'awards' shows I like...'The Golden Globes'...is this eve...most of the 'stars' are lit up...and that makes me happy....it's the Horse in me...



Comments

Popular Posts