Happy New Year



And a glorious HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!
...as we embark on a new one...full of promise, expectations, and knock out events...good health...always, a desire...going to throw in, new adventures...all positives to make this '23 a great one...

The final 4 occupied too much of me time yesterday...as the script was far from what the pundits (and the Horse) had predicted...TCU beat Michigan in an absolute weird game...the Wolverines were victims of two mighty strange calls (both from the review station)...yet, TCU did dominate the match...and in the late game...Ohio St had a chance for another upset, but missed a game winning 50 yd  FG at the end...recall what I said about kickers, a few blogs back?...Georgia won by one...for the champ, TCU vs Georgia...have no clue...

Worry...'going to sit right down and listen to all your problems'...the mantra of a psychiatrist, er a counselor...psychologist?...some one like that...'what is bothering you?'...we all have them...the Horse worries over the little things...all of them...why this, why that, why anything...most of it, has no solution, other than to chill...accept that shit happens and be done with it...the problem is, I can't buy that...I need to know the reason and if I can change it....OK, I am getting mighty generic here...

The ups and downs of one of the sites I put my blog on, Twitter...has always let me do so...have no idea how many people read the Horse via that...but, the newbie, Mastodon...was created to allow all to write on their site...free from political bias...OK, so I did so...and WHAM!...I got censored...what?...because I included my blog address in my publishings...that's why I write, so others can read...what I write!...BAM!...makes no sense...so, the Horse did what needed to be done...I said screw you and left their social network...give me a break...is this good, doc?...closure?...

We took down our Christmas decor...egads, we are now barren, dark, and gloomy...black and white...so miss the colors of Xmas...this worries moi...thus, we are in the problem solving mode of changing colors...just haven't decided to what...now, this worries me too, why should I give a hoot about the colors?...am I depressed?...do colors enlighten me?...

I am worried about our trip to Cabo...will Southwest Air be running right?...will we get stranded?...will the hotel have the shuttle there when we arrive?...will the hotel be safe?...will the weather be hot?...will the food be safe?...will the ice?...see?...I need to lie down and listen to a Dr. soothe my soul...

Which reminds me, when I went to see a golf doctor...to help with my swing...I was striking the ball like a stallion on the range...then he took me on the course, and I was more like a mule...just awful...he stopped it and we went back to the range...hit 'em good again...then at the end of the session, the golf Dr, said 'well pard, you need to smoke a doob before you play'....$35 please...went to another golf Dr, and this time...the same thing...at the end 'I can tell your swing from 3 holes away'...$75 please...I surmise that I am uncoachable...that worries me, too...

Do you make New Year's resolutions?...drink less...alcohol, but more water...lose weight...eat more healthy...walk (run) more...smile...not frown...get organized...save money...quit smoking...kind of the norms that people pick out, right?...I worry that I need to do most of these...but, I haven't for 75 years, what makes you think I can do it now?...this worries moi...

You see I am not paranoid...just full of worries...not about you, it's all about me...perhaps, a triple chocolate donut, with a Colorado Bulldog, might make me less worrisome...get on out to the liquor store and get some more Jim Beam, you know, just in case...while there, a new box of cigars...OK, see?...my worries are already going away...thanks, Doc...




Comments

Popular Posts