A Brutal Game



American football...can be a BRUTAL GAME
!...mostly big dudes, who like to play it...an outlet for physicality...our present day gladiator sport...and we, the people, watch it...just like in the gladiator days...it's not like boxing, or MMA, or whatever that is...it's more of a choreographed match of teams...am I being naive?...last eve, in the NFL, a player collapsed after a collision...a tackle...not seemingly a monster hit...he stopped breathing...within 10 SECONDS, the physical trainers were there, on the scene, and administered CPR...as the football world, watched and waited, stunned...

The player is Damar Hamlin...24 years old and is hanging on for his life...the official word is that he is in critical condition...real 'thoughts and prayer's are out from everywhere...listen, kids...this can happen in any sport...that's why the physical is so important to allow a player, to play...I have no idea if there were pre-existing conditions...hope and pray for his recovery...

Since the Repubs have taken over the majority in the House of Reps...it is their fun right, to elect their leader...replacing the Demo one, Nancy Pelosi...who in my eyes, was simply awesome...how she dealt with trump was legendary....I digress...my point is that Kevin McCarthy, good lord, of Cali! (we have Repubs in the state?), expects to get the nod...the vote is today...the word out, is that he may NOT have the tallies...then what?...MTG?...oh my...let's just see where this group of Congressionals takes this...

I had no idea that yesterday was a holiday...ah, that's why I am retired, I suppose...the Singing Hills GC was slammed...a very long round...especially cuz they had no power carts on the course, cart path only...and MY OWN PERSONAL PUSH CART, a bloke took it home, ah, his home...who does that?...anyhoo, knowing it was gonna rain lots today...after lunch, I thought it was a good idea to go to Costco to shop...recall, I did not know this was a holiday...it was SLAMMED, too...never ever seen it like this...er, that...circling the parking lot for a spot...yes, it is now official, the Horse is not the brightest light on the tree...who's hiding the eggs?...and,, I swear I saw a Snooki doppelgänger eating pizza in the courtyard...

Speaking of that...since I have but two long pants...true dat...Costco has a myriad of jeans...Levi's, Lucky, amongst others...the Horse opted for the, get this, Kirkland!...sure, you can call me whatever...but at $12.99 I couldn't resist...and they were darker blue...Boss said she would take off the Kirkland leather patch, but NO, I want the world to see, that Crazy Horse wears Kirkland jeans...and is proud of it...heathens wear Levi's, real men wear Kirkland...

I jested with the beisbol guru, Lindsey Martin, about the match that his USC had with Tulane...how in the heck?...did the Green Wave win?...thought that the NEW TROJANS were all this and that...I guess more like whatever...

Are all the bowl games over now?...no mas, por favor...the Horse is indeed bilingual...

This from the Cleveland Cavs (NBA, for you under a rock) own Robin Lopez "Donovan Mitchell and I combined for 72 points in our OT win over the Bulls"...Mitchell had 71, and Lopez had 1...

JJ, the stocks are getting a real downer prediction for this year...any truth to that?...perhaps, a move to safer grounds...like above the water line...let me know...

Bomani Jones (sports pundit) making football safer "It's like trying to make a safe cigarette."...

Back in my days of school...yup, waaaaaayyy back...I could not see...really...didn't know I needed glasses, and when I did know...vanity took over, and would not wear 'em...kids would say hi, and I didn't know if they were talking to me, or the wall...so, I said nuttin'...tagged with 'ego' thang...nowadays, I have found that to smile is the best communication power we have...this is what we all should do...'smile at your brother'...let's get together...

The Citrus Bowl...LSU 63, Purdue 7...c'mon...

I am not the judge and jury...BUT, this guy that has been arrested for the stab killing of 4 in Idaho...with his antics in jail and what he has said, might he be trying to act like he is mentally deranged?...if convicted, why would he be put in prison?...well, why should his life be spared?...maybe I am wrong about this...

This city (town?) has gone bike lane crazy...eliminating parking spaces and driving lanes...the latest is up on Convoy St...very busy one northeast of here...if they want to eliminate something, try the homeless on the walkways...we are bass ackwards...need some real leaders...

Speaking of that...hush hush, was the word of the Home's board...upping the HOA dues to it's highest, without the vote of the people...ours went up $200 a month!...give us all facts, why...time for a revolt...just like a Congress, I guess...we will do what's best for you....trust us...uh....

OK, I have worked my way into being cynical...damn, we could have sold 6 months ago...now, we are stuck...keep paying our exorbitant bills...and dang it all, smile at everyone you meet...



Comments

Popular Posts