Free at Last


In short, Brittney Griner, is FREE at last
...took seemingly forever to get her home...but, a prisoner exchange finally worked...for you unaware, she is a pro hoopster...that was arrested in Russia for pot...a small amount, too...makes no diff to them...as this turned into a major international item...Russia vs USA...again...

The history of playing pro hoops in Europe...especially for the ladies...is widespread throughout...for money that they can't make here in the homeland...some represent teams from Russia...German, Italy, etc...Brittney was on a Russian team, and was arrested while trying to travel home...it is an awkward world we live in right now...anyway, kudos to the present regime for bringing her home...

The Friars have been canoodling with a number of high priced free agents in the past couple of weeks...rare that we are in the hunt, and failed to land the prizes of...Turner, Judge and Verlander...but did last nite, land a goodun...Xander Bogarts...a terrific infielder that was with the Bosox...which begs the Q, what are we going to do with Jr, Kim, and Crone?...something must be brewing...

In the aftermath of the Georgia election...the Repubs have got down to the inevitable finger pointing...as to whom was at fault for the loss...start with the candidate, kids...Herschel Walker was a horrible aspirant...top it off alamode, no shake down with the Fonny troop...the Repubs feared using him...and his followers, er MTG...

Thinking about all the money these MLB dudes are getting like over $200 million clams...and the LIV blokes signing huge multi millions contracts to just show up...if you are sports entitled, or, talented, you can be set for life by just playing a game...take it if it is offered, I reckon...think about this...when they sign for the huge paydays...they move to a state that has little if no tax...thus, they keep most of it...it's never enough...

How about this, you NFL dudes...Baker Mayfield, the embattled QB of the league...too small for the battle...was released and then picked up by the struggling Rams...my, how the mighty have fallen...ah, like in both cases...some are saying he may play tonight!...what?...how can he possibly know the plays?...perhaps, he will take a chalkboard out with him...not good...

Today, well, the date...the USA declared WAR on Japan...the day after Pearl Harbor...still can recall my mother telling stories about what we on the west coast had to do at nite...blacken our shades and all...I forever had a fear of planes over my head...when I was just a toddler...cuz of her tales...

I bought like 7 vinyls at that cool store in Carp...today, I play em...

Boss gets irritated that when I traipse on out to Singing Hills for golf...I will stop at Carl's Jr, if I have time...to get a biscuit san...no hash browns, just the san...and get this...they give me a senior discount!...Mickey D's does not...just Carl's...ah, ya, me golf...I am now terrible...not bad, mind you...terrible...yesterday, I had 4 legit shots at birdie, and 3 putted them all...one, was like 20 feet past...spaz...my hdcp keeps arising...to top it off, my driving is so erratic, I yell out 'FORE' before I hit it...true dat...aren't I fun to play with?...

Here at the home, we have a holiday party this Saturday...dinner served...in our small all events room?...with rain possible...where on earth are the party people supposed to dine?...this MUST be a buffet...thus, a run to the steam table must be planned...you have no idea how scary it is to compete with those walking strollers...the blokes with the shillalahs, clobbering you at the knees...swearing at you with vigor...ah, yes, Merry Christmas...dancing at 8...we have a rule for that, too...couples must keep a ruler apart...indecency totally banned...

My goal for the day?...search the storage for another putter...the current one, sucks...has to be the stick...


Comments

Popular Posts