Shake a Tail Feather

             


                  The boogaloo is outta sight

...don't ask...I can't...dance...the round dance, I am down...the rest?...nope...had to teach it, right away when I was student teaching...thank God, for Lou Littlejohn, who could and stepped right in...and took that segment...well, it wasn't the boogaloo, it was something else...that I had never mastered...you see, the Horse has no rhythm...none...I jig when the partner jags...yes, I can shimmy...I can twist...I can frug with the best of them...but, try to swing a gal?...nope...disaster...my elder sis tried in vain, years ago...to teach me...to no avail...have no flow...no tempo for it...

Shake a Tail Feather?...yup, sung by the immortal Ray Charles...covered by them goof balls, The Blues Brothers in their flick....James and Bobby Purify released their version in '67....but did you know that others covered it, too?...Tommy James and the Shondells...Ike and Tina Turner...it's original?...by the Five Du-Tones...written by Andre Williams, Verlie Rice, and Otha Hayes...in 1963...thought it was older than that...

The Coup Committee reconvenes this am at 10, PST...the docket is to be the mob...who, what, where, and why...donny be squirming in his golfing cart...as he hears the newly released info on what he was doing...back then...wake up, you forevers...you have been DUPED!...figure it out...

Speaking of figuring it out...the Padres...trotting out their 'closer'...and he mangles the lead...over and over...you see in the Bigs...many are effective early on...hitting and pitching...UNTIL...the league figures you out...which they have...and now HE is a pitching disaster...his ERA is legendary...bad...time to cut the cord, guys...move Casmetti in...and Rogers out...figure it out...

Oregon petrol price is almost a buck cheaper than ours...Cali...taxes on taxes...and we GET to fill up our very own tank...down here in south SoCal...

Today is Prime Day...so, whence I am done talking...will scour the sales and see what I must have...do need new double walled coffee steins...

The Bachelorette started up last eve...2 gals are doing the pickings this time...awkward...is it just moi, or does one already have a fake face?...too young, right?...well, the KFam does...right...and they are weird looking, too...why do this?...or are you, JCC?...

Speaking of vanity...the Horse shaved his beard off...Pops couldn't believe it...almost didn't recognize me...right...if I could pose just so, I would give ya'll a pix of the new and improved Horse...

So...this gal was given a ticket ...for driving in the HOV lane, and complained that she was a prostitute and it was OK...no, bad joke ...reality here...in Texas...she was driving in the HOV lane and had no one beside her...BUT, she was with baby...and would therefore qualify as driver in the lane....do you know what HOV stands for?...high occupancy vehicle...Houston, we have a problem...

A dash after 10 pm last eve...like right down below us...we heard what sounded like gun fire...perhaps, 5 shots...thinking it might be firecrackers...not sure...as we looked out the window...saw nuttin...then...maybe 3 or 4 more...and BAM...the most cops I have ever seen arrived...rifles out...running...about 20 minutes later, they got back in their rigs...turned their flashing lights off, and...they were gone...no idea...at nite, the sound just echoes all over the Marina...

As bad as some drivers are...I prefer them, to the ones that have no one at the wheel...

For a couple that has (have?) no plans on moving...we do spend a lot of time, talking about it...where, when, why...rent?...buy?...location?...too many variables as of now...

In my crystal ball...er, my Carnac future...I see us all going back to wearing masks...

Don't ask me why....but I am craving some Mac and cheese...with some Octoberfest sausages...skins on...ha ha...

...



Comments

Popular Posts