Running on Empty


What does E really mean?
...in your car...if you are still dependent on petrol?...have you ever truly run out of it?...sure, the Horse has...in college, when the prices were low, but so was my money...gas card?...bank card?...what were they?...nowadays, I restart the tripometer...know how far the rig will go...and adjust accordingly...then, spend around $70-$80 bucks to fill er up...you hybrid freaks, you must have other ways...and don't talk to me you heathen electric car folk...you have your own limits before you need another charge...don't go into LA traffic, dudes and dudettes...

'Running on Empty' is a song by, and written by Clyde 'Jackson' Browne...for moi, his ONLY hit...but was regaled during the CSNY days...don't hate me, but I thought his music was boring...still do...Prez hopeful John McCain used it in his bid, but was considered unauthorized, so he quit it...

Empty...coming up empty...the Padres are simply woeful now...the lack of relief pitching is taking them down...they even resorted to a 'team meeting' to shake things up...air grievances...do these ever work?...nope...you have a boss, you have a system...do your work...you get paid really well...the problem is the GM Preller...who stocks the yard with the players...the meeting that is needed, is with him and ownership...

Speaking of butts...trump said that the mysterious call he made to a witness to the Coup Committee, was a butt call...ah, OK...he just happens to have that person on his favorites...listen, kids...do not believe a single word that he says...ever...he is notorious for making phone calls to try to intimidate, bully, and menace...

Time for another KFam smut report....KK and Tristan, the on again off again partnership...gonna have a surrogate baby...ah, isn't that so sweet...he is not trustworthy, but enough to have another child with...sort of...how much do surrogates get?...

The Open is off and running...yes, there is some tense moments with the Norman blokes...getting booed...it's on right now and I will go there as soon as I wrap this up...early leader is Cameron Young at -8...here is the hot rumor...all of the Norman (LIV) Tour blokes will be BANNED from all 4 majors next year...I smell some hot sessions in the courts a brewing...Greg, just don't use the trump lawyer, Sidney Powell...

Staying in golf...there are plans for a Topgolf to be opened in San Diego, out at Harbor Island...wonder where?...

The clean shave was a bust...must go back to a scraggly mess...must cover up me face...actually had people comment on this...turn away, I am hideous...

Duped...this enters me mind often...when the high school players get the collegiate coaches rush on them...'come to my school'...blah blah blah...the players fall for the lines...thinking that this guy is gonna coach me...kids get the cap, get the jersey, get photoed for the web...proud doggies...then, the coach departs elsewhere to start up the same thing...again...have these coaches no shame?...ahem, it's all about the money...

Cosmo is getting prepped...for a vacay up the coastline...so, my fancy posts will be streamlined...the pix will be great, I reckon...and the weather will be in the 60's...we've been working so hard, a rest is needed...this time, I am going to read a book, not shave one time, ride captain ride, and treat the Boss and Sam, as well as I possibly can...within limits, of course...

Have I ever told you my golfing buddy, Gary, is way competitive?...I posted a cigar that I toked that had a proud 'butt' to it...well now, he sent me one of his accomplishments, soon after...he wins...you see, this is what old people, ah, your elders, do...



Comments

Ken Ransom said…
You hit a nerve. Jackson Browne is one of the greatest songwriters of all time. His music is included some Eagles hits. Check him out.

Popular Posts