Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh


School's out for summer!
...no better cry for the kids... and the teachers...time to take a breath...rejuvenate...perhaps, go to summer school...listen, it is important for the school buildings to do so, too...fix, repair, redo, repaint, add on...ah, get bullet proof everything...prepare...for the next year...there are some terrific songs in the past that kind of get us going...ease us into summer...no better and no funnier than...

'Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh'...by Allan Sherman...1963...about a kid trapped in a summer camp...absolutely hilarious and spot on...during these summer days...'Camp Granada'...find it, listen to it, and laugh like crazy about it...go to YouTube...yup, a controversy came up as to the spellings of Muddah and Fadduh...some say Mudduh and Faddah...who know...

Reminds me of...when my dad (Father's Day tomorrow) was working for Chemawa Indian School, outside of Salem, Oregon...one of his duties, was to go south during the summer and sign up 'Indians' to come up north from Arizona and New Mexico...to go to school at Chemawa...free to them...education and board and room...seems like he was gone for a month...and in that era...no cellphones, no web net, no nuttin...I wrote and sent a letter to him, about my mistreatment I was enduring while he was gone...ha ha...no really...my elders were picking' on me...he never mentioned it, but I'm sure he laughed out loud at my plea...I think I was like 5 or 6....

Brazenly stupid, arrogant, or a combo of the two...trump went to Tennessee yesterday, and did one of his revivals...disputing the Coup Committee findings...'it was just a small protest'...then, to Pence...'I said to him, that he could be a Thomas Jefferson, well, he is no Thomas Jefferson'...this guy orange, is a danger to our American society...wake up Republicans, you have many other options...just don't use this one...

We did use the trolley to get out to our friends in Claremont...it was so slick, and only needed one transfer...can't believe we just now found it...thanks, Mackles...BTW, the dinner we went to was fun...haven't been around these people for a Covid while...so much to hear about...Lompoc is one of those thangs...and the salmon was divine...

Back to schools...saw a couple of my former assistant coaches just RETIRED!...man, the Horse is getting old...hmmm, I guess I did hang up my whistle 20 years ago...

The Pads just swept da Cubbies and flew into Colorado, where them Rockies were on a home losing streak....didn't set well for moi...and yup, them Rockies rocked the Friars...oh well, the Bums lost at home to Cleveland...

The US Open...right now, it is a dogfight...so many so close....will say that LIV entrant Lefty shot a million and didn't make the cut...how much does he get for that?...ZERO...not like his other tour...bye bye dude...

My crypto value is now under $100...what a bloody mistake that was...

I am not an expert on this...duh, like real duh....but the Colorado River...that feeds Lake Havasu...is losing water...so, the water is rising in the oceans, right?...is there a way that?...OK, just call me a boot when it comes to marine biology...

Sure seems like desalination should be a must have in the next decade...

Back in me teaching days...my summer didn't come until July...as we had summer basketball in June...so JULY was a dang good month....man, that seems like such a long time ago...

Well, in at least one state...more to come...the summer months for teachers...will be at the shooting range...perfecting their new 'must have' skill...'Ms. Smith, you are now considered a sharpshooter'...

Another mass shooting...in an Episcopal Church...a 71 yr old killer...and a part time attendee...what the heck is going on?...why?...

I'm looking at me calendar and see nothing planned...?...is this true?...a free day?...

Enjoy YOUR free day...

Comments

Popular Posts