Graduation




This is a bit tardy, as the Horse finally got out to the links
...that odor you smelled was the level of play that I emitted...probably traveled all the way up the Pacific Northwest...who plays 18 holes and does not get ONE par?...the Horse...will admit, I was rusty, wore new specs due to my eye prescription change, and was way way tired...the bloody Covid does that, kids...BUT, it was great to get out...enough of this quarantine...

I bring up Graduation...due to the month we are in...dependent on where the school is, it probably starts tonight and continues on for a couple of weeks...cool...seemed like I graduated 30 times +, when I taught...anyhoo...outside of watching our son walk the procession for HS, College, and then Dental School...the best was my mother...now, I am not real sure about her age...here is the story...

She went to a couple of years of college, then got hitched to my father...5 kids later, and well spaced to boot...she would take odd jobs out at the Indian School in Chemawa, Oregon...after we all got a bit of size to us, she would take on a new one out there...unable to drive, it was the responsibility of dad and whatever kid was available to transport her...it was what it was...then she got a wild hair...she decided to go back and finish college...what?...

Where I graduated from, mind you...which was a 20 minute drive...to the best of my recollection, she would flag rides from other ladies, who had the same affliction...that is what it is, right?...and from my father, when it worked...took her a couple of years, but she did GRADUATE!...I was so proud of her...of course, I asked her what she going to do with that certificate at the age of 65...she did it cuz she wanted to do so...imagine going back to college at that age, and finishing what you started...


Way cool, huh...

Now, the sports crap...the Celtics made the pundits proud and right on...as they pummeled the Warriors in the 4th...hit some unbelievable 3 balls, and the home team couldn't match it...hmmm...

The Friars had a 4-1 lead going into the bottom of the 9th...and the closer blew his 2nd straight game...egads, my problem, is that he obviously did not have his good stuff...he should have been removed after 3 guys and sat his miserable arse...lawdy...

100 days of the Putin invasion of Ukraine...he fired 5 more of his generals...wonder when the Kremlin goes and gets him...

We had a bar b q at the home last eve...met some really interesting peops, that were 40 year workers in DC...ah, with the Repubs...and BEFORE trump, who they were NOT enamored with...really want to talk further in depth with them...I am a sponge on politics...

You know, like the judicial thing with Johnny Depp...it's like he hit the lottery...will he get his $10 million in a lump sum, or monthly?...

This Royal blitz in the UK...man, these Brits really dig it...but, not so much Harry and Meghan...perhaps, LA can do the same for the KFam...

If Phil Knight buys the Blazers, will he move them to Eugene and change their colors to green, yellow, and black?...

Just read that there were 13 'stars' that would never have alterations to their bods...(Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Kevin Costner, and more) shoot, KK, has 13 a month...and that incorporates each and every one of 'em....they all do...nothing moves...

Wonder where the next mass shooting will happen?...cuz, nothing has changed, kids...nothing...

I am interested...I really am...but, you do have to say something interesting...

Was asked 'what is my favorite team I coached?'...that's hard...I loved most of them...really...it was an honor to do so...didn't care much about the scratch...do I miss it?...yup...my favorite times were in practice...getting ready...it...was...fun...

So, I figure that this entry won't be read much...as I am releasing this at about 4 pm...

Have a groovy weekend...

Comments

Popular Posts