Happiest Valentine's



Morning, kids...hope your day is full of happiness
...still gonna be very nice weather here in the southland...so, right, off to the course...and later on, a dinner date in Little Italy for the celebration of...our 48th Valentine's Day together...take that JLo...I digress...

Did you see all the stars at the Super Bowl in LaLa Land?...I dunno, my good readers, but when I say stars it's just not the same as MY STARS...Sinatra, Streisand, Jimmy Stewart, Johnny Carson, Elizabeth, ah, I could go on and on...very similar feeling to the halftime show...just not me genre...but one thing is the same...the play on the field...

Congrats to the Rams...as they had a monumental drive at the end of the 4th to pull this game out...23-20...I was shocked at the good play of the Bengals lines...stopped the running game of LA...sure, there were some blown calls by the refs...duh...but,' they were letting them play'...as the say...I still don't know what constitutes pass interference...

That's two in a row for the home team playing the Sooper Bowl, and winning there...last year was Tampa...where is next year's?...bet a quid on the team in Vegas...

Flowers are such a staple for the day...will say, for us down here...that Allen's did a marvelous job of the production, but quickness...of delivery...a tip on the bill, just might have helped that procedure...sposed to be here by 3, and arrived at 11...hmmm....anyhoo, they are beautiful...and smell so fresh...

Over at the Soprano's Waste Management...Scotty Scheffler won for the 1st time on tour...in OT over Cantlay...as my hope, Theegala, finished 3rd...as I saw him walk to his parents and break down...he was in on a sponsor's exemption...near story book finish...one hyped up hit cost him...

Oh yea, the commercials...in the Super Bowl telecast...mainly duds...but, my fav was the 'Woke Up This Morning' song, commercial for the electric Chevy...that featured the two kids (Meadow and AJ) of the show, The Sopranos...I thought it was great...

For you bettors...you got 4 points and took the Bengals...well YOU WON!...there must be some solace in that...you don't and then you do...and Joe, perhaps, you can burn that suit you wore...thinking back, I had a black turtle neck sweater I rarely lost in...when the fashion was ties, I would still come to the game in the black sweater...hmmm, whatever happened to that?...must have left it in the big move to the southland...it was heavy...

Recall this song, 'He's Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother'....the song by the Hollies...wow, where on earth did that come from?...based on a motto for Boys Town...a community formed in 1917 by a Catholic Priest named Father Flanagan...Omaha, Nebraska...now, you can see, why the halftime show was certainly NOT MY GENRE!...

                                HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!


Comments

Popular Posts