2/22/22



Now that's a sign for all Horse bettors
...this date in time...February 22, the year 2022...2/22/22...think I should go with the 2 in the 2nd race?...perhaps, it will go off at 2:22 in the afternoon...that would make it even more...ah, betable...is that superstitious or just canny?...or just plain stupid?...well, if I bet $2 dollars on it, it would at least be something I said I did...or, $22...or even $222...ah, right...

Is there a hit song that had a 2 in it?...'2 Faces Have I' by Lou Christie...the falsetto dude, prior to Barry Gibb...'2 of Us' by the Beatles...'2 Tickets to Paradise' by Eddie Money...and of course, the best of the rest...'Love Me 2 Times' by the incomparable Doors...

OK, let's keep this going...famous sports people who wore the number 2...Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics...Jimmie Foxx, of MLB, circa 25-45...Moses Malone, of the 76ers...Kawhi Leonard of the SDSU Aztecs, and lately of the Clip Joint...Derek Jeter of the NY Yankees...Gary Payton, of the Beavs and then in the NBA, a bunch of teams...Jason Kidd of the Mavs...Rick Barry of the Golden St Warriors...and of course, the KC star, Freddy Patek...there were many others...

Maybe more stuff...flicks with 2 in the title...'2 Days in Paris'...2 Fast 2 Furious'...2 Guns'...'The 2 Jakes'...'A Tale of 2 Cities'...well, we are 2'd out...

And this...

The Ukraine invasion...Russia is working a different angle...tryin to split the Ukraine into 'states' or 'regions' that are really not part of the Ukraine...and then invading those...which they apparently have...without much to do...no shock and awe...it's like the USA deciding that parts of Mexico are different from the main area...and we take our troops in and take over the land...who declares this?...the rest of the world, er, NATO, are up in arms...as the Germans have shut off the Nord Stream 2 pipeline to Russia...things are outta control, kids...as we wait and see what comes next...I fear nothing good...

The aftermath of the Michigan/Wisconsin brouhaha...the Wolverine HC, the aggressor, Juwan Howard, was suspended for 5 games...2 players, a game each...in my mind, the coach should have been let go...thing is, there had to be a salary figure that forbid that...just a hunch...off he goes to anger management and that will cure him...

Which reminds me of a personal experience I had...back in me coaching days...the Salem (Oregon) teams always felt that they did not get a fair shake with the refs, when they went into the Corvallis area to play....the same was felt for the Corvallis teams when they came north...ha ha...anyhoo, I had a team in Corvallis...met with the 2 crooks, er, referees, prior to the game...at this time, I was somewhat friendly to the blokes...and being not like me, I fibbed a bit...told this one, that I had taken an angry management course...and that 'I loved him'...first part, I never ever took a course like that...and NO, I had no love for the dude...to be honest, perfectly honest, which I always am (except this time)...I have never seen a ref laugh as hard as he did, when I told him that...as the game went on, he called an odious call...he knew it...I knew it...couldn't take it back...and as he ran be my, he said, 'Pete, do you still love me?'...nobody knew why I was laughing so much...

For some odd reason, there have been some Netflix series that feature people who defraud others...and get away with it...and are still on the loose...er, run...free as a bird...still out there doing what they have been doing...ticks me off...now, THEY should be incarcerated...not the ones like Martha Stewart...

In recent times, people that I know...like my age...have been passing on...the reading of the obits in the newspaper is unsettling...does make me cringe...life is so precious...live it to it's fullest, kids...

If you are paired up...like 2 of you...do you have your very own personal space?...like a room...or an office...or the garage...something?...well, I have this office space...and the Boss Lady had the audacity to clean it up...not that it didn't need it...but, that's not the point...

I tried to download the trump 'truth' app...ah, not really...well, no way...but, I did read that the users couldn't get it...well, isn't that a trumpian start to his 'social' network?...

Putin is calling the troops in the eastern part of the Ukraine, 'peacekeepers'...

Comments

Popular Posts