Incarnate Word


So I was pouring over the scores in the newspaper...ah, the Trib
...as I scour the sports page each and every day...as the Horse is a voracious reader in the am...the articles that are about the locals mostly, the Aztecs and the Padres...then the LaLa teams are covered quite a bit...especially in football and hoops time...but I like the scores and transactions section lots...came upon a score that included this school I had seen before, but did not know where they were based...in college hoops...

Incarnate Word...there have been conglomerate teams in the past...like Athletes in Action...but no...this one got me going...thinking it was perhaps, a real school...a college or university...I reckon a religious one...and has to be based in Texas, the land of the gazillion schools...just hunches...did the Boss Lady thang and 'googled' it...yup, a Catholic college in San Antonio, Texas...said to be the largest religious school in the state...bigger than Baylor?...OK, I'm kind a out of my element here...

What is the 'incarnate word?'...is that a singular thang?...'invested with flesh or bodily nature and form, especially with human nature and form'...in which God takes on a human form...ah, what?...OK, let's try this...at the Annunciation, an angel sent by God brought the message to Mary, that God was asking her to be the Mother of Jesus, the Son of God.  When Mary accepted God's offer, the Word (God) became one of us.  God became 'incarnate', with a body like ours, hence the name INCARNATE WORD.

Yea so, what is the Annunciation?...the announcement  of the incarnation by the angel Gabriel to Mary...seems like it goes round and round...I am really out of my sphere, here...bear with me...I just wanted to know what it was...

The University of the Incarnate Word...over 5081 students...ranked #263 of the best colleges and universities...cost about $33 grand to go there, a year...Roman Catholic...ah, and they are the Cardinal...makes sense...and now YOU know, too...

Let's go...

Speaking of google...I noticed that my Mac was a moving slowly...so hit the 'clean sweep' button...oh my...it did that...would not recognize me anymore...had to reset this and that...they would send me countless codes...to verify...an hour later...truly an hour...was kind of back up to speed...but, it did go faster...hmmm...not sure it was worth the journey...

Watched a couple of NBA games last eve...one tickled me Elmo, the most...the Lakers got whupped by the lowly Sac Kings...LA has no interior defense...NONE!...as Sac kept driving to the bucket uncontested...it was grand...and the other...the Nets clobbered the Bulls...not sure what all the hoopla is about Chicago...they looked awful...Brooklyn, too, has no interior D, but their O is plenty potent...

OMT, Dame is out for PDX for at least 2 months with abdominal surgery...weird thing for a hoopster...

SOS...those in the know of what happened at the Jan 6 coup attempt from the trump regime...refuse to testify...whether it is due to a subpoena or just that they were called in...they say 'no!, I will not go'...seems to me, jail or fines should be in order...if not, why have a subpoena ever?...Charley McCarthy is the next on the docket...he is a puppet for donny, right?...

This caught me as funny...by Ricky Davila...'Agolf Twitler was served Michael Cohen's defamation lawsuit against him at Mar-a Lago today'...

Mom, Dad, here is my fiancé, Machine Gun...'call the ambulance'...two have passed out...

Early betting lines on the NFL playoff games this weekend...

Bengals -5 vs Raiders,  Bills -4.5 vs Pats,  Bucs -8.5 vs Eagles,  Cowboys -3 vs 49ers,  Chiefs -12.5 vs Steelers,  and Rams -3.5 vs Cardinals...what sticks out to ya?...for moi, Bills/Pats and Rams/Cards...

SD is going thru a strike...the garbage collectors...and in some areas, the piles are indeed just that...give 'em the 2 buck raise and get on with it...'gonna bust that union'...come on...

donny did an NPR interview via the telly...and said the same rhetoric that he has been for a year now...the vote was stolen...there were phony votes...72 million people were right...the 80 million Prez B got, were fraudulent...and so on and blah blah blah...just go away, dude...

My crypto has been all over the place...as low as $273 and as high as $400...now at $303...WTH?...

Is there any stopping the Russia and Ukraine war?...inevitable?...

Cost me $70 to fill up my Lexus...!...don't start ragging on me...it is a '04...

The Horse is gonna turn chef this eve...making a din din for the Boss Lady's birfday...Seafood Alfredo (Alpedro)...have halibut, sole, and shrimp...voila!...sourdough bread...a nice bottle of Meomi...wlll head on out to Star for the dessert, as the BL doesn't likem cake...and it's all about her...BTW, I hid her presents, and she has no idea where...hard to do, in a condo...

Sad to see the passing of the great sanger, and leader of the Ronettes...Ronnie Spector...78...'Be My Baby'...

Lists, ah the lists...one author's idea of ranking the presidents from best to worst...and yup, this dude has trump NOT the worst...but one step above...ha ha...you got to be kidding...who could be worse?...James Buchanan...really?...'Old Buck' was the last president before the Civil War...he was a life long bachelor...he was worse than donny?...

OK, kids, have yourself a wonderful day, basking in the sun...





Comments

Popular Posts