'22 and Counting


Well that was certainly not what I expected
...had to be the most tame New Years of all time...we pretty much did what we have done for the past couple of weeks...ah, minus a real dindin...but had the appetizers...a bubbly or two...another episode of 'Longmire'...a sporting event or two...then...

Awaited for the East Coast ball dropping...the 2 foos from CNN were at it again...oh my, why?...really, I spent most of my time watching the Nashville Big Bash on CBS...a lot of folk maskless, and that's why we didn't fly in there...are there no rules?...

I keep asking myself this...and you, too...why on earth is Miranda Lambert so famous?...bad voice, no personality...and yet, she is coveted in the bloody award shows for the 'Best' female sanger...ah, no...the host, Bobby Bones...is the country equivalent to the pop's Ryan Secrest...just a fact, no commentary...did you notice that when one country artist intros another they almost always say 'here is my good friend...'...are they all good friends?...

There was no pomp and circumstance in the Marina District last nite...none, that we could hear...perhaps, in the Gaslamp, but not here...as we waddle through another time period of the virus...

Hey, do you have some New Year's resolutions?....ah, haven't thought about it much...I guess, read more...

I can recall a line of one of our former bosses...am not naming names...the reason 'he' or 'she' reads the newspaper, is to look at the obituaries to see who they outlasted...true story...

Which brings me to the loss of the humorous icon, Betty White, who passed at 99...yesterday...terrific comedic presence...for many years...

The BSBCS playoffs...so bloody dull...as the Alabama and Georgia teams had absolutely no problems with their opponents...should be a good match for the champ game, tho...

Absolutely horrific...the Blazer effort at LA...as the Lakers demolished PDX...in one of the ugliest ever games of their series...EVER!...of all time...

Wooah, saw an intro to North Korean dictator, Kim Jong Un...as he was walking across the stage...you MUST applaud loudly and vigorously...if you want to stay there...this is 2022, right?...

We took down all our Xmas Decor...9 boxes...egads, really that many?...TG for storage...and have changed our new Year to black and white...it looks semi-rich...

On this day, in 1863, Prez Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation...declaring that slaves in 'rebel' states shall be 'forever free'...what about the non 'rebel' states?...

Some people have this...a way of negating negative thoughts...hmmm, is that a double negative?...pleonasm?...anyhoo...when you see someone dressed inappropriately, do you look at the face instead?...come across a person who you despise, and say 'how are you?'...ah, guess I don't have this trait...when I have to hit a lob shot over the bunker 'I see me hit right smack dab into the bloody sand'...how do I change this?...

Another word that comes up often...and you and I are saying, 'what?'...gaslighting...I guess it is being abused....right?...people knocking you down...people trying to gain control over someone else...shoot, then every dang politician is a gaslighter...wait, is a gaslighter a person who is gaslighting?...

That's it, I ruined a perfectly normal blog entry...you get out and have yourself a terrific first day of the New Year, this one 2022...on our docket, is a bike ride on the beach...our weather is back, baby!...



Comments

Popular Posts