Sport's Writer Demise?


The ongoing loss of newspaper circulation throughout our land
...ah, the local newspaper...written in your very own home town...delivered to your doorstep, each and every day...is becoming a thing of the past...the current generation...what might it be called...the millennials?...I really dunno...don't subscribe...they get what they want via the web net and the pixels...it is happening all across the USA...

We in San Diego, still have the Trib...but, like even in our condo building...35 floors of people...I guess we have but 20 who get the paper...well, the cost is a factor...at least $2 bucks a day...$1,000 a year...yea, that adds up...so the aforementioned holds here, too...it's just a matter of time, that the written word on paper will be gone...

So too, will be those who write for them as a living...I'm going to be sectional here...but I so looked forward to what happened the night prior in the sporting world...the locals...the high schools, the area colleges...by the sports writers...who were there, witnessed the event, and then gave us the info that we wanted to read about...gone...all gone...or soon...

Yes, we shall get the info on the web net...unfortunately not the next day...might take a few of them...days...it's not the same, not even close...thus, those who grew up to be the next sports journalist...probably need to seek out another profession....truly a sad thang...

Facebook does read me...as yesterday I got a note from them, that they were going to pull my blog entry...accusing me of 'bullying' in the meat of the post...?...man, I read it back and wondered 'what the heck?'...I questioned their actions...they reread the post and agreed with me...no violations...so, they reposted my blog entry...no harm no foul, I reckon...still, I can't even fathom what could be construed as 'bullying' in what I wrote...if you see something, let me know...

What on earth was that football game last eve?...as the Cowboys destroyed the Washington football team...what was it, 42-7 at half?...oh my...top it off, a fist fight got going on the Washington sideline amongst their own guys...egads...the good, the bad, and the ugly...

I think that the number of bowl games that have been cancelled is up to 5...Covid and it's variants the problem...wonder if that number will grow...we did see the UCLA busses down by us, as we took a bike ride yesterday....so, at least the local one is gonna happen...I think...Holiday Bowl...over at Petco, with the Bruins and the NC State dudes...tomorrow...

I don't even know who is playing in the NBA anymore...who is out and who is in...so many roster changes cuz of Covid and injuries...if you are a bettor, good luck...might be easier grabbing a random lottery pick...

60 Minutes did a take on global warming last eve...ah, you see, I do have some couth...now that is odd, Google won't recognize 'couth'...wants to change it automatically...anyhoo...the gist of the segment had to with wine that is actually good...in of all places, England...the weather has warmed up, so the grapes are now much better to make the wine...they have never been before...there you go, proof of global warming...

Looks like we are hitting the links after all today...so much talk about the rain...but, we have a window of time that avoids the wet stuff...have to leave early, to go into the archives to find me another putter...my present one is not working....ha ha....oh, BTW, you PNWers getting the snow...way cool...so jealous...

Happy Holidays...


Comments

Popular Posts