Brace Yourself


Man, when you hear those two words...BRACE YOURSELF!...it's never gonna be good...NEVER!!!...so, why am I leading with this?...there is a new Covid Variant coming out of South Africa...feared to be horrific...immediate reactions throughout the WORLD are these...cancelling all flights from there...NOW!...the stock market is plunging...the people of this earth will combat this ASAP...leaders of all countries are reacting...probably while I am writing this, this morning...over reaction?...who knows...stay tuned, as this is the number one story in most of my 23 sources...

Of course, this overshadows Black Friday...the day of deals in the stores...to move merchandise and give the public an early chance for Christmas shopping...I am sure I wrote in years past about this phenomena...where we got up real early, and went to them...the stores...they would open like at 5 or 6 in the am...yup, there were lines of peops ready to pounce...some actually had coffee and donuts...I recall Freddy's did...I also remember when we got there, the loss leaders that I was interested in, were all GONE!...but, the donuts, I did find...

How did your Thanksgiving (Friendsgiving) go?...as you know, we went to Eddie V's...and I will say this...the restaurant was a total first class operation...the turkey was...and I will not jest...in all of my years of eating this bird...this was the most tender and juicy of ALL TIME...the best, Jerry, the best...and we couldn't even come close to finishing off the plate that was served...ah, take home?...you betcha...

Just for your info...at least for the west coast flyers...Alaska Airlines is offering awesome flight fares for their Black Friday deals...you have 'til the 28th to book...seriously, check them out...like under a $100 bucks to Maui...

The Horse has a sore knee, and to be extremely cautious...am not hitting the links today...as I need to be strong for the T next week...all I need, is to wrench it and make it worse...

So...in lieu of that...it may be put up the tree day...I have not talked to Boss Lady about this...yet...and naturally, she makes most of the decisions...

The next two days have some really cool collegiate football rivalries going...today, of interest...SDSU hosts Boise St, well sorta...up in Carson...the home field is to be ready for next season...WSU at the Dawgs...Colorado at Utah...and in pro hoops, PDX is at Golden St...let's see where these two teams are...and maƱana...some beauts...Ohio St at Michigan...Georgia at Georgia Tech...Penn St at Mich St...Alabama at Auburn (closer than YOU think)...and of course, Oreg St at Oregon...

I am going to venture away from my normal here...talk some religion...the use of it...in our extreme diversity in this country...we have religious variants, if you will...just had to use that word in a different manner...as the blend of races, the religions, the people...try to coexist...there is this subliminal feeling of a Christmas...in many of the religions...not all, mind you...that is used for commercial success...and for some, for the the birth of Jesus, the Christ child...a celebration...it, like Thanksgiving, has other meanings too...more of the family thing...not sure of the amounts of church goers anymore...but somewhere, in your soul, one must have some feelings...might only be of fear...I am not preaching, just causing us all to take a step back and look...some of my favorite times, were when a church choir was singing...Christmas songs...time to reflect...Covid made the parishioners not to gather...as we try to make some semblance of order in this...as we age, life takes on a different meaning...I think...value our time on earth...more than ever...I thank you all...for reading me...

Peace...


Comments

Popular Posts