Execution?


In the aftermath of the thoroughly enjoyable FB game that Notre Dame won in OT over Florida St
...the interview of the ornery HC of the Irish, Brian Kelly, went to the bizarre state....in a hurry...asked about his team's execution...he responded with..."I'm in favor of execution.  Maybe our entire team needs to be executed after tonight..."...this will hit the airwaves more so than the rest of his statement...to be fair, he was trying to be funny...referring to a comment that was born by a '75 HC of the Tampa Bay Bucs, John McKay...who WAS funny...

Kelly is a fine coach, I reckon...at least he recruits well...and has went thru anger management for sure...he used to crucify his QB on Natty...not any more...his sideline is much more calm...he must be on meds, is what I am thinking...anyhow, I give him a pass on this latest statement...one more chance, dude...

I find the game of football near bizarre...these beefy humans beat up each other for 4 quarters, and then if tied...trot out this bloke who doesn't ever get hit...with a crisp new jersey on...with a helmet, too...and he kicks the winner or loser, points of the game...imagine in hoops, go to OT, and bring out a guy who hasn't played at all....and if he makes a FT you win...I have a plan...

That the kicker must be from your starting 22 players...must play at least one quarter...imagine the recruiting...asking a wide out, can you kick, too?...more...that no OT game can be won by a kick...TD's only...OR, if tied, that is the way it shall be...a tie...no kick...in essence, the battle that has been going on, on the field...shall be decided on the field...not by a 130 lb non-player...

The PGA final was won by Patty Ice...Patrick Cantlay...who is on his game big time...methodical brilliance...with a putter that can only be matched by the one and only, Tiger...he won $15 million?...doesn't seem right...too much dough...

The mighty Padres won on a walk off HR by Cronenworth...who had been in a deep slump for a couple of weeks...the Crone Zone had been shut down...somehow, we are 1/2 game UP on the final wild card spot...a long way to go, kids...

Labor Day...ah, in me working days...I would go out to the Fair and bet the ponies...knowing that the next day, there would not be a break until Thanksgiving...I'd have me a scone or two...and get on home, and iron my tie...pretty much the only time I would wear one was opening day...unless I was still coaching, when I would wear 'em at me games...other than that, nope...do I miss this?...yes I do...

Solheim Cup...close going into the finals...singles matches...the Euros lead 9-7...it will take some terrific play by the Americans to win this...the players from over the Pond are tough...and favored...

And finally...here at the home...there is to be a party of sorts in the lines of the famous flick 'Cocoon'...bring your fav potluck dish, and your noodles...we are bobbing and weaving in the pool, from 12-3...hope they turn the heat up a tad...and yes...the spaceship will start boarding promptly at 4...

See ya...


Comments

Popular Posts