On the Beach


For some time now, the condo folk here in SD...have been getting electrical plugs for their 'electric cars and SUV's' installed in the parking garage...a mere 3 story myriad of stalls...many are doing this as a 'in the future' thang...not having the vehicles yet...but, if they sell, the convenience package is there...I get that...thousand bucks?...something like that...we chose not to...well, the wave of this happening is completed...and for some reason the ENTIRE building's power had to be cut off for 2 hours to implement the new sources...
Actual cost, according to the Pinnacle Press Secretary, Barbara Jean Mackle...$2678 for the wiring, and the wall mount goes for $1508!...ah, how many gallons of petrol does that equate to?...

We decided to skip the scene, and get on out...To The Beach!...and join up with our closest tens of thousands of friends...there...it was slammed...are the kids in school?...I have no idea what is what in the time frame anymore...who's going and who is not...in school...albeit, we have been a bit squiggly, but definitely on the mend...anyway...the Beach was awesome!...perfect weather and we found a groovy parking site...easy walk to and from...the temp was right on...rad way of spending two hours away from the condo...


The myriad of sources have been following the Haiti Prez getting assassinated in his home...it was a hit squad...and since, 4 have been killed, and they apprehended 2 others...so sad the amount of deaths we have in the world now...for a bunch of reasons...the value of life is much greater than that, kids...I just don't get it...

Lawdy. the mighty Padres got hammered last eve...gave up 9 runs in the 1st 3 innings on the way to a miserable 15-5 shellacking...as I have said too often lately, our pitching is below normal...way below...to win, we have to get better...pitching...via the trade route, or bring up some youngins...let them age in place...I was watching the national feed of the Bums/Marlins...as LA lost again...saw the early debacle score on the Friars and never turned to them...can't stomach it...

OK, I did watch the new Big Brother...one might say, that's an hour and a half, I will never get back...I know I know, I am a bit contradictory here...but, these contestants are seemingly lame...I'll give it another chance...

In my ongoing peek at the TVG...the horse racing...the Horse...yes...hit a Pick 5 (my baby) from Canterbury Park...Minnesota...via the boob tube...paid a whopping $36 on a 4 dollar bet...had one other, that would have been $648 or so....a win is a win...I believe in 8 days, ah next Friday, Del Mar opens up for live racing...not this Friday, but next Friday...

We have a couple of weeks to prepare for our big Cosmo trip...22 days that goes all the way up to Orygun...to see our amigos...and family on the way...it takes a lot of planning that the lil wurman did...it's fun and trying, at the same time...yes, I will post on the way...

The next door condo has a pending sale for a nice price...which always gets our heads a thinking...in fact, the rumor is that it sold in ONE DAY!...we stare at each other, then squabble a bit...it is so convenient where we are situated...ez access to the airport, the train, the golf course, the bars and restaurants, and the beach...BUT...5 hours away from the kids...a dilemma...

Also, in a couple of weeks...the Olympics in Japan...alas, there is a glitch...there is a huge spike in the number of Covid 19 cases in that country...so, this was just announced...no spectators...perhaps, going there may be a problem, too...stay tuned...

I copied this pix from the web net...can you name any or all of these 'pop' stars of the 50's and 60's?...


First Russia tried it...then the 'USSR' crumbled...and they pulled out of Afghanistan...then, we went in...for obvious reasons...and we are now pulling out...the USA is not breaking apart, but trump gave us a test on that...THUS, we are gonna leave it the way it was...a civil war strifed, extremely uneducated population, that subjects women to secondary status...the Taliban will probably take it back over...listen, occupying another people's country NEVER works!...ah, in the last 100 years...

NBA Playoffs...game 2 tonite...in Phoenix...interesting story about the star of that team...Devin Booker...his first pro coach told him that he was gonna be the best player in the league in due time...correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't he come off the bench for Kentucky, under Calipari?...anyhoo, he has steadily improved. and yea, the Suns go up 2-0...

I try other ones, I really do...but when I am sitting in my beach chair, watching the surf and all...I have to listen to The Beach Boys....it just makes me feel so good...



Comments

Popular Posts