Thursday Takeaways


While most of the country is basking in near record setting heat...very south SoCal is not
...in fact, we were trying to play golf in the rain...it is true...not a lot of it, mind you...but still...and all around us in Singing Hills, the clouds were hammering out their own sounds...very loud BOOMS!...thunder surrounding us, but not on us...had to be a bit away, as I did not see any lightning...as many of you know, the Horse is terrified of that...somehow, we escaped it...however, throughout the valley, they did not...

My buddy, Snooki...remember him?...he used to furnish fun filled, philophobia funked up non-love songs for us...right?...well, he passed on the temp upcoming for his neighborhood in Salem, Orygun...gonna be above 100* and he is worried about the heat, my gawd the heat....I told him to go to the coast...he responded like 'who won't be?'...of course, I could not leave it there...'buy yourself a kiddie pool'....

The mighty Padres swept the Bloody Bums...ah, that is 7 in a row, dudes...an awesome nite for Manny, who hit a dinger, and was mahvelous in the field...again...5-3 win, and the Dodgers leave the Gaslamp with excuses up the wazzoo, why they lost...the injuries, the crowd, the umps, the weather...whatever...


This I just don't get...in Houston, like Texas...a hospital fired a boatload of employees cuz they WOULD NOT get Covid 19 vaccines...imagine going into that hospital for care...quoted today, was one of them...an ultrasound technologist..."I don't want to work for people like that.  Don't take away my choice."...you got to be kidding...

Speaking of boatload...my fav beer of the time period...is called 'Boatshoes'...IPA...tart, tangy, and terrific...

Prez B... "No one needs to have a weapon that can fire over 30, 40, 50, or even up to 100 rounds-unless you think the deer are wearing kevlar vests or something."...

You following the Brtiney thang?...conservatorship by her daddy...how old is she?...hey, Dr Cris, think about me controlling your life...right...

I just typed the last 2 items without LOOKING at the keyboard...10% mistakes...can't do that with a typewriter, ah, going back and fixing the goofs...

A condo collapsed in Miami...here is the pix...why did it?...were there people living in it?...was it set for demolition?...too many questions...to be answered...

BREAKING...just saw a video of this, by a Miami TV station...it was terrifying!...find it...and more...51 people unaccounted for...


Speaking of collapse...the Horse tripped over Sammi's cord, and trying to avoid falling on her, he, er me, I, fell to the ground like Humpty Dumpty...bruised this...bruised that...nuttin broken...ice bags here and there...ibuprofen...like I got tackled on concrete...the ol gray mare ain't what he used to be...this am?...stiff, but not bad...what time is happy hour?...always a solution out there...somewhere...so far, am moving around OK...

Not collapsing, like the opposite...the Futures...were nicely UP this am...will that bring a splendid day for the stocks?...it's my key...

Is it wrong that I have always LOVED Hostess Pies?...them all...it was a huge part of my lunch when I packed my own...


This is the Costco run day...I have to be mobile...ha ha...and we are going to get the latest flu shot there...at least that is the plan...if not, off to CVS...we are not one of them optioning OUT of shots...let's see...nuts, milk, eggs, booze, meats, nanners, veggies, and did I say booze?...can't recall...

Finish up with this quote from the LA Dodgers starting pitcher, Trevor Bauer, last eve...speaking of the Friars..."They absolutely kicked our ass in the intensity standpoint.  They came to play, and we didn't"...



Comments

Popular Posts