Late Night


There has been a series on CNN, that goes back into the history of the Late Night Shows on the tele...fascinating piece of journalism...which becomes video worthy...and really digs into my past of what we used to see...as I rarely watch the shows that are on...now...

Perhaps, age is a factor...maybe it is the lack of decent guests...or, is it more that there are no longer true stars, like yesteryear?... Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and NYC dominated the lot...often, we would see a conglomerate of guests on the same show...not now, it's one and done...

Johnny Carson, Merv Griffin, Dick Cavett, all would be on at the same time...in my era...I guess you would call it that...they had their own way of hosting...but, in my book, no one was better than Johnny...

More came and went...Mike Douglas, Joey Bishop, Conan, Arsenio Hall, and others...all had their niche...and the next set ...the terrific David Letterman...his arch enemy, Jay Leno...and ABC's Jimmy Kimmel...I really dug Letterman...and tried to catch his show as often as my eyes would allow...

The group today...I don't watch...sorry, kids...but, nope...they are either silly, or way too serious...gone, is the natural interviewer...I can think of people that I wish would host...Seinfeld...Oprah...Billy Crystal...to name a few...

Just my passing thoughts through this late nite stuff...

The mighty Padres got whupped again by the Mets...the bats are suddenly silent...boo...oh well, strap em up and get back at it today...Cubbies in town...revenge?...

The Clip Joint finally won a home game and are moving on...taking on the Jazz (?) of Utah...if there is ever a team that is so misnamed, this is the one...

Watched the Red Sox beat the Yankees in OT....lord, the umpiring in this game was BRUTAL!...I have no dawg in this game, it is an observation...but, c'mon...

This bloke out of West Virginny, Joe Manchin...does his own thing...is he representing his constituents?...maybe, more, just more, Senators, should do that...in lieu of only voting party lines...

Word out of the trump camp, his trousers were indeed, right side up...or front side correct...you'd think with all his riches, he'd have better threads...but, the Horse has never believed a word he has said...my guess is he soiled his front side...and didn't have changes...so he turned them around...

Speaking of donny q...he was a guest on the latest Tonight Show host, Jimmy Fallon...the special I mentioned in the top of the blog, showed this...as Jimmy asked to mess up trumps' hair...donny allowed it...and it helped his image, so 'they' said...isn't it funny, that those with perfectly quaffed hair, don't like their mop to be touched?...on the other hand, you can mangle my hairs all you want...

Back to the NBA...Portland...Dame said he wanted Jason Kidd as the new HC...Kidd said nope...the worldwide search goes on...some rumors have the tele analyst and former NBA coach, Jeff Van Gundy, as a front runner...give us all a break...keep looking Blazers...

Time to show...this is my 4th conquest of the Monster Sudoku...have you ever tried one of these?...


Comments

Popular Posts