The Wayward Wind

 


'The Wayward Wind is a restless wind'
...Gogi Grant...have no idea how this popped into me little brain, this am...as, I have not heard this song for ages...ages, I tell ya...it's been years, years I tell ya...in fact, I will bet ya that it's been at least 10 years since I have heard it...10, I tell ya...popped cuz of what I saw in the news, about a funnel cloud in Jersey...huge!... don't try to figure me out...it is useless...

BTW, what mother (you know yesterday) would name their precious daughter 'GOGI!'...???...short for what?...and now, I am interested...thing is, no mother did...her real name was Myrtle Arinsberg...her life was kinda like, well here we go...moved to LaLa Land, when 12 from Philly...started work as a car saleswoman...true...then began to record her music...first as Audrey Brown...I mean, ya'll have to have a stage name...then altered that to Audrey Grant...ah, here we go...then, RCA Victor, their guru, Dave Kapp...got hold of her...switched her moniker to Gogi, as he ate often at a restaurant called Gogi's Larue...only in Hollywood...


Ah, no...Gogi's Larue was in NYC...where Kapp ate and lurved the food...but, it still stuck as the name of hers...

That doesn't answer, what is this Gogi?...one more bit...well, two...her hit 'The Wayward Wind' was her smash in 1955...didn't have another that big...but...ended her illustrious singing career as the featured act at the Palm Springs Follies...the one that Lesley Gore headlined when we saw it...who woulda thunk...

In Hawaiian lore, Gogi is a name for a female body part...geez, this is sounding more Seinfeld than ever...however...the owner of Gogi's Larue...was Giorgi Tchitchinadze, a native of Georgia (the country)...thus, this is how Gogi came about...as THAT is what Kapp did to name Myrtle...

Lord, let's move on...

The mighty Padres salvaged game 3 in SF...the bats came alive and the boys scored 11...which almost equaled the entire past 2 weeks of runs...off to Colorado to battle the Rockies and the snow, so they say...

Rory won the T in NC...whew, he needed a win...any win...looked like the old Rory of a couple of seasons ago...humors me, when they announce he is from Northern Island, yet lives NOW in Jupiter Florida...

You figured out the 'new' NBA playoff scheme?...number 7 plays 8, and the winner is 7 in the playoffs...number 9 plays 10, and the winner plays the loser of 7 and 8...and that winner is 8th in the playoffs...got it?...

The Lake Show was dominant last eve vs the Suns...?...as AD, alias the Brow, was unstoppable....BUT, every time I watch Phoenix, I come away thinking the same thing...the most selfish player in the NBA is Devin Booker...hands down...it pains him to pass the rock...

Now this gets me...the winner of the Kentucky Derby...the horse...Medina Spirit...was blood tested and woaah...positive drug test and the trainer, the infamous Bob Baffert, has been suspended from racing in Kentucky...yea, so my horse that came in 2nd...clean, at 25-1...well, I coulda had some big time scratch...$20 on the nose...this is his like 30th time he has been suspended...allegedly...I always wondered how some trainers will 'claim' a horse...and the next time out, win...as it wasn't before...think I have a reason...perhaps, it is time to quit betting the ponies...something stinks to high heaven...

'The truth will set you free'...right, trump is not cool with this statement...

The BEST album of the day...'Come Fly With Me' by Frank Sinatra...much like Johnny Mathis, you could almost blind pick any of his, and have a winner...

All quiet on the NFL front...but this little nugget is out there...that the Denver Broncos are trying everything they can to get, er wiggle away, QB Aaron Rogers from the Pack...where he doesn't want to be...

Today is my last golf day for a couple of weeks...gonna make me cry...



Comments

Popular Posts