Mama Said


There will be days like this...My Mama Said
...as we all wish our mamas a very happy 'Happy Mother's Day'...the stories that we all could tell...this passage of life, bears too much pain and sorrow...how we took for granted HER, when she was still with us...dang it all, if yours is still living, show her what she deserves...and treat her well...

There are some other terrific songs about your mother...the one I used was by the infamous gal group of the 60's, The Shirelles...Carrie did a couple with 'Momma's Song' and 'Don't Forget To Remember Me'...Taylor Swift's 'The Best Day'...Martina's 'In My Daughter's Eyes'...Lee Ann Womack's 'I Hope You Dance'...Elvis's 'Mama Like The Roses'...Josh Groban's 'You Raise Me Up'...and many many others...you gotta fave?...

The Chinese rocket came down in the Indian Ocean...have you seen the vid?...what I saw was like a star descending at a very rapid pace...we are all so lucky that it hit water, and not land...without a doubt, the UN should do something about this...censure them somehow...gosh, I don't know what they can do, but, that's exactly what China did when they launched the rocket...they didn't know, either...

Shoot 'em up...a couple of blokes decided to get after it with guns...in NYC...in and around the center of Manhattan...Times Square...bystanders were hit with bullets...this is what you want, NRA?...the Wild West is really east...ah, all over the place...and so it goes...on and on and on...

You remember the mood ring?...it was a thing that we all had...I think I got Marsh one for a present years ago...it's all I could afford...


Man, the mighty Padres might have to be renamed...to the listless Padres...with anemic batting...as we got stomped by the Giants 7-1...however, the league is going thru a vast wasteland of apparent unusable sticks of wood, called bats...what, like 4 no-hitters thus far?...and I am not talking the Pads, but whole teams...

LeBron James...so infamously said that whoever came up with these play in games in the NBA, should be fired...well, now, LBJ, the only way you and your team may get to the playoffs...will be through this play in system...what say YOU now?...hire the bloke back?...

For mama's day, the lil wurman wanted me to make, er, bake her a cake...no problem...I am NOT a baker...per se...I have tried and let's just say, you have to have humor...and then she went on...actually wanted strawberry shortcake...with still, the cake I make as the base...no problem...off we went to the store, to get some berries...and some ice cream...and a lemon cake mix...can do...2 hrs later, the finished product sat on the counter...are cakes supposed to rise?...hmmm, mine (now hers) resembled more of a lemon bar...no problem...she is a fantastic gift receiver...remarked about how awesome it was...well, now...add the fresh strawberries...a scoop of delicious French vanilla ice cream...and top it off with a dollop of Cool Whip, you can't really taste the cake...or bar...or whatever I made...no problem...

This needs not much alteration to it...it was a graphic on the Bum's scoreboard of upcoming games...the Angels, then a break, then a two game set with them Mariners...


I tried so hard to figure out what to get my son's mother...got her a dress for Maui...it looks bodacious on her...some carry on handbags, that actually match for the same trip...done...but, that just wasn't enough...so, ventured onto Amazon...and found something that works for the two of us...some new golf balls...there, complete...well, and that lemon cake...er, bar...

The BEST album of the day...'Taylor Swift' by Taylor Swift...her first album was simply mind blowing...have you heard it?...unfortunately, she had to remake it, as some bloke bought out all her rights to her inventory...odd...

Yes, I finally figured out how to buy some cryptocurrency...I now own 2 diff (coins?)...of course, there are limits to how much I can buy right now...which may be a good thing...you know, I am on a fixed income...

What's this?...Florida reported more than 10,000 Covid-19 variant cases after spring break...WTH?...get yourself inoculated, kids...anyone can get the shots now...you are setting us all up...do it!...

Here is one of my fav picks of me mom...da best, da very best!...and ya, that's the Horse, too...




Comments

Popular Posts