Not So Green


Ah, GREEN with envy?...even the best greenskeepers throughout the land, were smiling just a tad bit yesterday...you see, the hallowed grounds of Augusta...where the Masters is being played...the owners have the fairways sprayed GREEN on them, to make the course even more beautiful...one place they can't, is on the greens...and thru me eyes and ALL the greenskeepers throughout the land, were gawking at the brown that is showing on those putting surfaces...BLASPHEMY!...even this place can show signs of heat...I think that this is the first time I have seen them like this...FIRST, in like 50+ years of me viewing this T...so, they are hard, and the ball bounces and rolls off...not sticks...this, my good friends, is a different Masters than we have seen...before...

Justin Rose was in a world all by himself in the 1st round...where everyone else was struggling to get under par, he was masterfully at -7...well now, you don't WIN in the opening 18, but you can LOSE in it...of course, it is way too early to figure who is the victor...great viewing, on ESPN...

Hmmm, have you heard anyone mention the greens on the telecast?...nope, you say anything even remotely derogatory, and 'they' banish you from the place...

Hoops...this is the time of the season, where the players not only get a bit tired of traveling and playing and playing and playing...but get testy with the refs and the opponents...the smiles by these multi million dollar blokes, turns to sarcastic glares...and then you get the cheap shots and the early ejections...happens every year...witness the Suns/Clip Joint game last eve...a couple of the heave hoes, and a lot of chatter...the TV analyst for the game, Reggie Miller, said he loved it...you KNOW he did, that's what he did ALL season long, back in his hey day...BTW, the D-less Blazers did it again...in a close one with Utah, the Jazz resorted to high pick and rolls...and the game was over...I keep telling you, this PDX Coach is absolutely clueless when it happens...HEDGE or DOUBLE TEAM...fire this bloke...

The death of the Duke of Edinburgh...Prince Philip...shoot, I have no idea what the real title is...99 years old...the Queen's mate...and we shall see, the grandiose ways of the British in the funeral...

The next WORST song...as I sees it...could be anything by Madonna, but we are after specifics...so the chosen one for today...'Ringo' by Lorne Greene...(must have green on my mind)...yup, the pappy in Bonanza...who even cut an album of this stuff...imagine the payola on this one for the DJ's all over the country...as they used to say in the biz, 'a bomb', but now, that means good...wait, what?...


Speaking of a broken down horse...was I?...my lower back is causing me fits...fits I tell ya...hard to sleep at nite...what I wouldn't give for a massage....but, until things are safe enough, I will suffer...tried stretching, ice bags, ibuprofen, heat patches, green salve, and...the only thing that works, is if I get up and walk about...

Our grandson goes in for some shots today...lord, I hate to see him cry ( we are not there, so we won't)...but, I feel his pain...for that matter, I hate to see anyone cry...can't recall the last time Marsh did...cry...I might have last nite, while I was enduring me back pain...

Finally, we had to hit Costco yesterday...to get ready for our trip to Indio and Lake Havasu...via Cosmo...something our RV site does, is detail rigs...so, while we are gone, they are gonna detail the Lexus, which is sooooo needed...anyhoo, we got enough stuff at Costco, it barely fit in the Beetle...here is the pix...you CAN see is the TP, the paper towels, the milk, and the eggs...and Marsh...what  you CAN'T see is the booze...


Comments

Popular Posts