Throwback Thursday


So, I was thinking of back in my early 60's...ah, like the years 1960+...not my age thing...ha ha...on this Throwback Thursday...and the style that was 'in' and how I succumbed to it...I mean, like I had to be hip...for youse in the same era, you KNOW exactly what I am talking about...the pegged Levis...what?...

You see, that was the craze for the GUYS!...tight fitting Levi jeans...nowadays, you heathens just buy them preshrunk and to your style...already done...for like $50+ bucks...right?...back then, the original Levis were not preshrunk...something tells me they were like $3.98 or there abouts...and cuz, my mom would NOT peg them, I would have to do it myself...

Washed them...turned them inside out...carefully undid the outside seams of the jeans...then took chalk, and marked where I wanted to sew them...yes, kids, I did the sewing via the machine...had to, had no other choice...used heavy duty yellow thread...and sewed them...then cut off the excess, and there you go...perfectly pegged Levis...dark blue...and damned pretty...

The ensemble was not done until I topped it off with a Pendleton (wool) shirt...with a very white tee shirt underneath...JC Penneys had the best of these...and then the shoes...brogues...I had like 3 pair...and would put these metal thangers on the bottom of the shoes, so they would click...yes, kids, I was way cool...and THAT is my Throwback of the day...

BREAKING, or broke, depending on how you read my older, elder PNW senior citizen, the Snooki...as he had the gall to correct me on this blog...the tee shirts were bought from JCP, not the Pendletons...which were bought, often, at Bishops...some preferred M&F...he keenly noticed that I pictured wing tips, not the black brogues, that he wore...proudly...

How 'bout them Ducks!...the ladies upset the entire state of Georgia in the Big Dance...this is their 4th straight appearance in the Sweet Sixteen...the coach is a good one...and of course, he recruits well...cuz, it's all about the players you got...

Stinky set up in Utah...as the power of the east, the Brooklyn Nets came into the Jazz site...and played none of their stars...all 4 were out for whatever reason...booo to the system that allows this...and got smashed...well, the team on the floor got ripped by Utah...boooooooo....

The dog won...out...she was sick and we had to cancel our desert trip...oddly, she had her best night ever, last nite...I really think she knows when we are going to go and leave her...she comes up with these mystery illnesses most every time....then gives us her sad eyes routine...

Prez B is scheduled to give his 1st presser tonight...must have 3 things that headline...Covid, gun control, and the southern border...right?...

Snooki's song of the day...'Slow Down' by Why Don't We....geez, my older elder PNW senior citizen, do you KNOW they are a boy band?...c'mon dude, what are you listening to?...so now, you are telling MOI, that you are hip to the current songs of this era?...

Our doc said to get out and support the local restaurants...so we went to Eddie V's last eve...splendid meal, as per usual...just a short walk away from the condo...4 blocks?...something like that...

Did you see where somebody said they found shrimp tails in their box of cereal yesterday?...Cinnamon Toast Crunch...and the funniest Tweet I saw this morning...where a gal named Olivia posted that she had a craving for that cereal now...

Michelle Wie is returning to the tour today...LPGA...when will the Pink Panther, too?...

This is National Waffle Day...yes, my good friends, now THIS is deserved...

And then, there was this...who didn't have a skinny tie?...




Comments

Popular Posts