Racially Profiling?


Probably the hit of the inauguration of Prez Joe Biden, might just have been the Poet Amanda Gorman...who gave a wonderful poetry reading at it...many were so impressed by her, they had her in the future of politics...she is 22 and a Harvard graduate...the downside?...she was harassed by a security guard as she was about to enter her apartment in Los Angeles...he labeled her 'suspicious'...really?...

I bring this up, as I was asked in my own building yesterday...in the elevator, by a long time white resident...'do you live here?'...at first, I thought it was funny....since we have lived here for 10 years or so...something like that...I responded, 'I am married to Marsha'...having thought longer about it, was this a form of racial profiling?...I am dark, as ya'll know...or was this just a very insensitive remark by a very ...well...inquisitive (?) person?...

Perhaps, it is the masks...hard to see who is behind them?...I mean, all us dark skin people are 'suspicious' with the face coverings, right?...to some, I guess...

Let's move on...

The Senate is sure taking a long time trying to deal with the Covid Relief Bill...striking out part of it already...the $15 minimum wage...does this mean, it is a state by state issue?...I could understand that...if it is...so, time will tell where the rest of the package goes...

The NBA All Star game is this weekend...I have no clue as to the makeup of the sides...it's not the east vs the west, right?...and for all the 'injustice' cries about the Sun's Kevin Booker NOT making the team... he GOT in cuz the Brow was injured...Booker himself, is now injured and OUT...it used to be fun, now it's not...more of a no D, and slam fest...

We are calling this the 'car hunting' weekend...got my eyes on a '07 Beetle...they call it triple white (ha ha, see above)...gonna get on out and look it over...purty in the pix...if still there, we will see how it handles...


For some reason, 'we shall see' has been on me mine...had to strike it out of many of my adjectives, er descriptions today...simple thoughts, simple mind, simple sayings...I heard it somewhere...

I talked a bit about 'cleaning up'...did the same for my iPhone...in it, changed calendars...put the text a little larger (eyes, duh)...and added the dark thang to change automatically...I have the time...man, have so many apps I never, ever use...how about your phone?...

Snooki, using the weekend as an excuse, just got the song in...'Time Out Of Mind' by Steely Dan...you know, I have been listening to the XM, the 70's more lately...some good stuff...oh yea, and Snooki, everyday is your Saturday...you see, my older elder PNW bloke, just may be on the verge...well, you know...he's not all there...all the time...his time is out of his mind...

So...the Pandemic Effect...is the invent of the now infamous Zoom meetings...where, well, you know what they are...but, the latest thang?...guys feeling the need to groom themselves better...ah, with facial stuff that the gals use...what you call that?...if I could have seen that coming, I could have started up the Horse line of grooming....for men only...damn...eye shadow, botox, lip filler, rouge...damn...

We had the window open last eve...ah, fresh air to sleep in...it does have it's drawbacks...in the city...as about 5 am, the street crier woke me up...

What's the issue with Dr Seuss?...man, he is really Theodor Seuss Geisel...6 of his 'children's books' have been discontinued...cuz of using racially charged caricatures...and of course, not to be undone...Rep McCarthy made a big deal of reading them today...only in America...

You can calm down now...the BMW folk finally got back to moi...I have to schedule an appointment to return the car...just thought you'd like to know...

How many 8 to 15 foot putts can the Horse miss in a round of golf?...going by yesterday's fiasco...13 maybe?...I coulda been somebody...if I could only putt...

Comments

dws said…
Pete has gone full Trump this morning! Claiming that I am older, when in fact I am younger and have a much better memory. I never use the term "We shall see", Who would?

Popular Posts