We All See It


You have to give credit where credit is due...the reason that much of what we see, on TV...the pixels...is because of the commercials that businesses run...yup, most are annoying as heck...and are grouped amongst the show that is on...like try, the national news, count how many health aide ads are run during this time slot...an indication, that the audience that is watching, are mostly older folk...the youngins not only don't watch, but don't read the newspaper, either...it's a truth...get their info, from the web net, I reckon...hey, maybe from me, the Horse...

I digress...

As we play our way to the super bowl, it is also the time for the super ads...commercials that many people watch, perhaps, more than the game itself...rank 'em, and talk about the next day...at work, at school, or at the local pub...did I leave anyplace out?...church, the gym, on Zoom?...anyhoo, you get me drift...there is one running now, that is absolutely fab...the elder gentleman 'teaching' what is right...'We All See It'...Progressive Insurance...Dr. Rick...not often do I laugh at the teevee...when these come on, I do...


The games today...I am figuring the favorites to win...but, would love the other to happen...KC and Green Bay...but, if Tampa and Buffalo get it done, it would make me very happy...yup, I will watch the action...and root root root for the dawgs...the underdogs...

Gonna repeat myself here...but in hoops...the 3 pointer has ruined the game...to me, they are just boring...gone is the fluidity of the 5 man (woman) movement...now, it's all dribble dribble dribble, go off a screen and hit a spot up shooter for the 3 ball...booooooooo...no reason to even paint a key anymore...AND, the only pattern you see, is whatever the players come up with during the introduction of the starting lineups...yes, don't miss that...

In our Zoom mtg, last eve...the notion came up about selling my Beamer...myself...then, give the company what the value is that they have pre-stated in the original document...and pocket the diff...I dunno, kids...sounds harder than just that...residual, is that the word?...

Think that the Arizona Republican Party is a bit much...if you dare say something against the trump empire, you get censured!...seems to me, there is trouble brewing in that state...'We All See It'...


Hmmm, it's been over 2 months since I ordered Marsh a present via the web net...been shipped, and going thru customs...egads, if it ever does arrive, I can call it the Valentine's Day gift...I can't even remember what it is now...

Sometimes, I can remember things...that just pop up in me brain...this is random, and I apologize...but, when the Natives were beaten...locked up...many killed or hung...there was a push to get the ones that survived into schools, away from the reservations...boarding schools, like Chemawa, just outside of Salem, Oregon...there were others, dotted about...too...Kansas...anyway, my dad's family was part of this...he was one of 11...and they were taken away, to be taught the 'White Man' ways...with hopes that the Native ways would cease to exist...my dad and his bro went together...to Chemawa...gosh, like 10 and 12 yrs old...he would never talk about it...never...I do know this...the two returned to their dad's place as teenagers...and he tried to have them arrested for stealing a suitcase...imagine...


There is a book about those times out...'Indian School: Teaching the White Man's Way'...by Michael L Cooper...has to with another of those boarding schools, Carlisle, Pennsylvania...'rapid assimilation'...

Right, there are times...where we all 'Don't See It'...

Guess Conor McGregor is all show and no go...right?...

Finally, my age group can get the Covid vaccine...now, if we can just get an appointment...thus far, all taken...

I often show pix of the grandiose skyline we have here in South SoCal...well, try this one, this am...

Comments

Popular Posts