First Friday


This month, has a feel...like heat!...warmth...maybe too much of it...ha ha...up and down the west coast, this Labor Day weekend, the temperature is going to swelter...perhaps, triple digits in some areas...prepare for it, as it is coming...

Now THAT is how to draw up a 0.5 second play!...in the Raptors/Celtic conclusion to game 3...unlike what the Jazz did NOT do, the night before (The Beatles)...double back screen, with a lob pass to the open dude, as he hit a 3 ball to win it for Toronto...kept them in the series, now down 2-1...

Still in the bubble...Denver, coming off of a 7 gamer, were squashed by the Clippers...could be the Nuggets were tired, or, the Clip Joint is mighty good...a combo...probably...

The mighty Padres were toting heavy bats, I reckon, in the afternoon game at Anaheim...did not score...lost 2-0...very unlike them this shortened season...oh well, off to Oakland for a pair, I think...

Labor Day weekend...used to be my last hurrah before school started back up for the year...I'd go to the State Fair, and wager on the ponies...grand fun...now, of course, we are no longer there...as there is question as to the schools, too...and the ponies no longer run at the Oregon State Fair...

Alas, due to the pandemic and all...this weekend does feature something that has not been in this spot before...the Kentucky Derby...THE horse race of the year...much like THE Masters, in golf...of course, it will be fan less...and NO, I have not handicapped it....yet...

The guy who (allegedly) did the killing in PDX, was himself killed by US Agents in the neighboring state of Washington...thus far, sketchy details as to how...will be released whenever...

If true...and I emphasize, IF TRUE...the article in the Atlantic...about the comments made by Trump in '18...about his thoughts of fallen soldiers in Europe...WW1...will have devastating consequences...I would think...

Snooki's song of the day...'Any Major Dude Will Tell You' by Steely Dan...you know them...'Rikki, Don't Lose That Number'...yes, M, Snooki is from Oregon...not the Jersey shore...

I am going to tell you the obvious here...but...there is no doubt my concerns about the country as it is now...with the present leadership...at times, I may make jest of, in my mind, ludicrous things...and if you disagree with me...it's like watching TV...either turn it off, or switch channels...quit reading me...it's OK...as one of my very close REAL friends quite often said, when we bickered...especially about the ponies..."you have the right to be wrong"...

Make the best of this Friday, will ya?...

Comments

Popular Posts