A Connection

When a thought, totally engulfs me brain...takes over the mass...infiltrates the entire thinking process...it's activity stops in other directions...and points directly to that singular item...yes, kids, I am talking the music of the past...the PNW lad got me going...he has been showcasing the gal groups of the 60's...which led me to look at them, too...one of the main writers of that genre...is the incredible  Carole King...who, as a teenager wrote melodies that many recorded...she needed a lyricist...BOOM!...along came Gerry Goffin...so many hits came from those two, in collaboration...

Somehow, there was a FACEBOOK post, or, maybe it was Instagram...I dunno...but, it talked about an album of theirs...that was a must own...you ever wonder how the social network picks up on what you say?...and then tags it...kinda eerie, I reckon...the record...was one that I had never heard, nor saw before...called 'The Dimension Dolls'...with 3 different artists in it...The Cookies, Little Eva, and Carole King...hmmm....their hits, well, the early hits...and their covers, too...

I started looking for it...tried the web net...began with Amazon...they had ONE vinyl...$82!...ah, no...not moi...did find some CD's of it, here, there, and everywhere...nope, I want the record...kept on a searchin'...yes, finally found it on eBay...man oh man, I have not shopped there for some time...get this, it is from England...bought it, and paid in pounds...no idea what my price is....25 pounds?...I dunno...

Carole...that name brings back memories...stupid ones...ha ha...the connection...to the Mighty Carson Art Players...the sketch that Johnny Carson often used...one of his main actors in it, was Carol Wayne...who made a living and reputation from it...recall?...actually, the entire gig was pretty funny...and certainly, classic Carson...

Wayne?...the latest past celebrity that is getting scorned...John Wayne...who, allegedly, was one of the blokes who was behind the 'outing' of the Hollywood communists...in the early 50's...there are other things that he did, allegedly...of course, in this era of political correctness...a movement has started to rename the Orange County airport, named for him...

Tell me why?...the latest from Costco...they have decided to stop making the 1/2 sheet cakes!...what?...say it isn't so...not that I buy a lot of them...it's just the idear of it all...'they' say that 'they' sell more round ones, than the 1/2 sheets...'they' are also going to the log types, too...

Speaking of Costco...we had a couple of their prime filets last eve...marinated 'em all day, in the CH's special sauce...my plan...sear them, and cook at *425 in the oven for 8 minutes, in the last minute pop a pat of butter on top...perfect...and, I swear to and at you, that they are as good as Eddie V's and Ruth's Chris!...even the little lady said as much...true dat...

Dustin Johnson, came out of the pack and won the T in Connecticut...his 21st PGA win!...he has all the tools, for sure...

Snooki's song of the day...'Wah-Watusi' by the Orlons...not written by Goffin/King...the Watusi was a dance...I'm sure Snooki did it...at OCE...BTW, it was a follow up to the Mashed Potato...that Dee Dee Sharp sang...he did that dance, too...I recall it, vividly...to be fair and honest, which I usually am...when I did dance, it was the frug...

I did it!...not one mention of you know who...damn, there I did it...but, only in suggestive form...


Comments

Popular Posts