Making Sense

Morning, kids...the Horse made a little mistake yesterday and is paying for it this am...opened up the Suntory Toki for a taste...which led to a comparison to a US made one...then, to a 'Two Georges' one...(jorj?)...and then, well you get my drift here...me head is achin' a tad...very bad Horse...anyhoo, the Toki was not good...nope...will have to save it for the good fellow from the PNW for his opinion...ah, this quarantine!...

The restaurants and retail stores are all abuzz around here...as they prepare for their openings...figuring out how to do it...the social distancing notwithstanding...well, there is NO standing allowed...thus, all the bars are still shuttered...gosh, that will change 5th Avenue so much...wonder if they will close the street totally, and put chairs out?...I see that 'they' are doing that somewhere in the East Village...stay tuned...

I saw on Facebook the item that had me a bit concerned...wonder how much truth there is to it...saying that they don't use masks in public settings...as I was talking to a health care worker that lives in our building...she said that the most important thing that they do, is recommend 'double masking'...meaning, that you and everyone else, wear a mask...pay attention, kids...this is the way that we must follow...

Tragedy out of Pakistan...as a passenger jet went down...over 100 people aboard....is it just me, or does this happen way too often...well, once is too much...BTW, where are those Max Jets of Boeing, anyway?...still grounded?...

This is a brag...the perfect steak cookout...since we have NO outside grill...that is another story...we had some very nice New York Strips to consume...I think they were 'choice', but certainly not prime...marinaded them for 4 hours, in teriyaki and Worcestershire (sp, -1) sauces...then, using a Le Creuset...sear each side...then pop in a 475* oven for, now this is the crucial part, 8 minutes...perfectly done, medium rare...

To honor my Japanese bourbon pour...Snooki's song of the day...'Sukiyaki' by Kyu Sakamoto...one of my very favorite melodies, ever...especially, as I really luv the songs of that time period in '63...too...the US did covers of it, later...Taste of Honey and then, Bobby Caldwell...just not as good...hmmm, should that be well?...I dunno...

Bad news for Big Orange...as his, might I say, former?...news source, Fox News...let out a poll that is devastating for Donny...down 8 points to Joe Biden...even worse, was the poll that said the public 'trusted' Biden by 17 points more on health care than B.O....I figure he will come out blazing today...throwing his rhetoric all over the place...mask or no mask...

Well now, it is a Friday...the gateway to the weekend...a golf day, too...hey, don't talk too loud, my head is needing quiet...have a good one...

Comments

Popular Posts