Just An Old Fashioned...

Morning, kids...my title today, is a carryover from the past article of the songwriter/personality Paul Williams...since I wrote about him, did you take a look at his past?...anyway...one of his hits that he wrote was for the fantastic group of the 70's, Three Dog Night...which I listened to the entire trip I made to LA, back in the 70's. from Orygun...true dat...a cassette, by the way...the song I am featuring is 'Just An Old Fashioned Love Song'...gosh, time has marched on...as the group is down to one...One Dog Night...amazing the powers of memory...I can recall 'Never Been To Spain', something like that, too...

The Tiger/Lefty golf match...now dubbed 'The Match II'...was the most watched cable event EVER!...imagine a golf thinger being that...well, all that...it's what people talked about yesterday...everywhere...on the course, in the paper, on the tele...EVERYWHERE!...really, it was fun stuff...and would have been better, with good weather...still...it's what we need...diversions...right?...

The roughest part of the pandemic...for many...is the isolation...and finally...the give in...exactly what happened in the Ozarks...Mizzou....as the masses grouped back together...like in pools, parties, and well, you know...mask less...throwing caution to the wind...ah, what?...I have been seeing that on Facebook, much too often...c'mon now....not yet...

I have read about a vaccine that has been POSSIBLY found for the virus...in China...and it is being tested now...hope that it is for real...have you heard of this, too?...

Snooki's song of the day...was actually yesterday's...it arrived too late for publication...that is what I call it...'Hot Fun In The Summertime' by Sly and the Family Stone...apparently in reference to the Ozark people...a real funny thang here...as Sly was on one of them talkie shows in the 60's and 70's...good lord, there were a gaggle of them...all over the tele...all hours of the day...one such, and the one I am referring is....the Dick Cavett Show...as Sly was high as a kite...and Dick asked him what he was reading...now...

Normally, when I shave my beard off...I hear from some, if not many...'you look so much younger'...well, I was out at the course...on the zoom mtg...and nary a word...other than, 'you cut it off'...the days of looking younger are...over...ha ha...

Get this...Alan Jackson has scheduled a couple of 'live' concerts...for youse, not aware...he is a country music legend...and is going to sing at a drive in theater type of place...you sit in your car...and groove...hmmm, cool?...gotta have ground for that...lots of it...

The Futures were way UP this am...as will the Stock Market, it is said...why?...the rich get richer, I reckon...they keep selling and buying each other's property...sort of like our garage sales...on the other end...geez, was that negative or what?...

One more from TDN...'Liar'...ha ha...dedicated to Big Orange...


Comments

Popular Posts