Shhhhhh

Do you hear the silence?...shhhhhh...just trying to sleep a bit more...and then, the SCREAMER in the street below...unleashed his mighty voice...*#!*!#!!!...you got the drift of the lingo he was using...just another plus (or minus) for the living in the city...especially now, with the reduced amount of normal sounds...the cars, trains, planes...eerily silent...I'm guessing, most everywhere...oh well, I am up now...

Had a terrific Zoom Mtg with some 'old' friends last eve, the Martins...gosh, it was fun to catch up...and this app, is simply the way to go...if you haven't gotten aboard yet, check it out...

Isn't it interesting, the ways that people are being creative in their quarantining?...notice on Facebook, that many are trying their hands at cooking...and will post their finished creations...I love it...gives me ideas...like, last night, Marsh made a form of 'Shepherd's Pie'...with a crust, in lieu of mashed taters...mighty delicious, I might add...witnessed me old coaching buddy, Greg Nolz, whupping up some cinnamon rolls, from scratch, mind you...looked damn good, Gregger...

Yes, I am awaiting another, er, my next jigsaw puzzle...1,000 piecer...

The NFL is going to do their draft, next week, via the virtual method that the WNBA used...quite successfully...there are those out there, that have this idea about who, what, and why...the QB order of picks...there are 4 that are tabbed as can't miss...we all know better than that...I could be biased, but the safest of them all, is the Duck, Herbert...tall, smart, and durable...but, the LSU lad will go 1st...and Tua will go to the Dolphins as #4...then, the real picks start...or guesses...

Snooki's song of the day...'Bluebird' by Little Big Town...yes, my good feller from the PNW, this is one of my favorite groups...their harmony is simply splendid...4 voices, that blend so well...they have many hits, especially when Karen Fairchild does the lead...however, my absolute fav, is done by her hubby, Jimi Westbrook, and it is 'When Someone Stops Loving You'...

Trump...there I said it...now let's get on to something positive...well, anything else...

The governors of the states...of the United States...not so sure how united they all are, right now...are dealing with this, in many different ways...many, are not taking much direction from the bloke I mentioned in the previous paragraph...er, line...right here, right now, and I mean on the west coast...a coalition of 3 states...Washington, Oregon, and California, have unified...in their path...too bad, that we have to go that way, but, in the present regime in DC, it is warranted...

On the 'photos' app of my iPhone...it tells when I took the pix...and it's been on Mar 23, we were walking on the beach...so, this dilemma has been almost a month...seems like so much longer, right?...

Man, I saw the replay of the very first Sonny Liston/Cassius Clay title fight yesterday...boxing, kids...1964...did not see it then...this is the one, that Liston would not come out of the corner, at the beginning of the 7th round...odd, as the bout was even, up to that point...and we all know what happened in the rematch in '65...which I did see at the Salem Armory...via closed circuit broadcast...just got seated and it was OVER....big time rig...boooooooo...

Reminds me of back when...the Portland Trailblazers were so good, coveted to see them live...and tickets were hard to come by...that there was a theater in PDX, that would televise the games via closed circuit...yes, we would go to see the games there...true dat...well, now, they are on your home tele...early 70's...

Guess I am doing the reminiscing bit...as the replay of the World Series that actually had the San Diego Padres as a combatant...versus the Yankees...on yesterday on FOX...long before we got here, duh...

Here is proof, that the Padres were in it...ha ha...

1998...

Comments

Popular Posts