The Rose Revisited

The bucket list thing...to go to the Rose Bowl...in Pasadena...which I did last season, with the infamous Snooki...as the Ducks beat the entire state of Wisconsin, in an absolute donnybrook of a game...recall this?...anyhoo, the game was being replayed on the Pac 12 Network yesterday...taped it...they condense it to an hour long production...and I viewed it last eve...thinking I might see myself in the vid...ha ha...a nail biter...and I must say, that the Badgers outplayed the Ducks, for most of the fray...still, it was fun to see again, and yes, to have been there...

Which takes to me to the NFL draft, that is to be...still on...I think in Vegas...ah, what?...nuttin is open!....April 23 is the date...it is listed to be held in Paradise, Nevada...my interest, is where the UO QB Herbert is going to be selected...my football friends debate me on his pro abilities...I think he is a franchise type of lad...they are not so sure, but not totally doubting it...so depends on who gets him...still, I don't see the plans of the draft going as is...nope...shall be delayed until?...the Q of the year...

Speaking of the aforementioned Snooki, his song got here late...but, wants to list this naughty, yuppie number to the list...'Afternoon Delight', by the Starland Vocal Band...hmmm, listen my PNW buddy, haven't you heard of 'Never on Sunday?'...the band was originally called Fat City...true dat...a husband/wife combo...Bill Danoff and Taffy Nivert...which had their song list as this one memorable 'At Least We're Not Invading China'...now, that is Carnac material...they added 3 more and formed the Starland Vocal Band...and had the ONE HIT...and finally, this bit of info...CBS hired them as a variety show in '77...one of their writers was....drum roll, please...David Letterman!...

BTW, who would name their baby daughter, Taffy?...

Thank you for the encouraging words about the publication of this blog...the need for it...as we are all in stressful times...an outlet that can not only break boredom, but just might tickle your innards...occasionally...insights on things that the Horse finds interesting and somewhat amusing...er, insightful...OK, I got carried away...

Here comes the sun...so lovely...I mean, really...as it appears from the east...beautiful....I know, it is a Beatles tune, too...but, I am talking reality here...6:47 am in south SoCal...

My jigsaw puzzle is probably half done...don't want to go too crazy on it...I do have the time...how about you?...you got one yet?...listen, kids...do so...it helps...in some uncanny way...trust the Horse....

Typed 'weird' in my Google search...and up popped Al Yankovich...ha ha...

Turned on the tele and watched briefly, Trump talk about the current crisis...what?...his face was not orange!...he lost the bottle?...I think I like him better with the orange...there are 'stars' out there, that are showing their true hair color, in these trying times...going gray...can you imagine what Donny's true shade is?...

OK, I have told you about the new to me, app on the tele....You Tube...and found this hilarious show...the DEAN MARTIN Roast of Frank Sinatra....lawdy, it had some very funny moments...the dais had the likes of Ernie Brognine, Red Buttons, Milton Berle, Flip Wilson, ah, the list goes on...the app is wonderful...like this, the Carrie Underwood journey on American Idol...

For you who have a big yard to traverse on...this is YOUR time...the condo people are at a real disadvantage...I'm telling you nothing you don't already know...

Stay safe and I'll see YOU on the web net...


Comments

Popular Posts