Hunkered Down

Hunkered?...is that even a word?...anyhoo, we have chosen to do just that...limit our outside excursions to necessary thangs...dog walking, grocery shopping, and golf...what?...well, outside things that are people free, mostly...wash our hands, whenever we get back...touching of others, is a no no...is this what ya'll are doing?...probably...

I ordered a book from Amazon...we have been watching movies, er flicks...saw the one, 'All The President's Men'....again...geez, that was well done...do miss the sports on the pixels...geez...did hit the horse racing on TVG...actually won some scratch...yea...they are racing, with no crowds...just the essentials...weird...

So hard to give up our trip to see the kids...but, we will get there eventually...and that's what you have to think, right?...the guessing game of how long this goes on...there is a guys golf gala event, in the next month...should I cancel or not?...the organizers want me down payment...I am in limbo...hey, you remember 'The Limbo Rock?'...Chubby Checker...yup, the Twist dude...I digress...we have a Cosmo Trip, coming up, also...still go?...the uncertainty of it all...

My 23 sources are headlining with the virus, duh...what else can they?...did Trump get tested?...said he did and he is negative...well, I could have told you that, without a test...oh, wait, we are talking the virus...oops...the screening of people coming back in to the USA...the lines...imagine having to do that job...

The debate set for Sunday in the Demos...they say is still on...Joe vs Bernie...sorry, Tulsi, you didn't qualify...without a crowd?...I would reckon so...but, have not heard...not even sure where it is to be held...OK, this...was to be in Arizona...then, switched it to a studio in Washington...I am assuming DC...and yup, it is Sunday...tonight...geez, I didn't even know what day it was...

This is not too scientific, but while I am lying on me bed, watching the TV...I notice far fewer people roaming the streets of SD...stores have reported that they are limiting their 'open' hours...you see wild pix of markets with empty shelves...my fav comment, came from an Oregonian bloke...'went to a store at 5:30 am...no cold cuts...no bologna...no TP!'...I mean, how can you survive without a fried bologna sandwich?...

They call this a 'buzz kill'...well, someone did...this is supposed to be 'spring break'...and in Miami Beach, they are closing...shuttering...policing it...the parties are shut down at 5 pm!...now, this pandemic is serious...college kids in Florida...in case you are not understanding the previous comment...

It's 7:15 am...normally, I'd see a gaggle of people walking down Market St...here in the marina...and guess what?...I see one dude...and 2 bikers...that's it...

I just dropped out of the Bozos...I'm sure me name could be mud, now...

I'm gonna end with an educational bit...one of the concerns of a school system, is to have X amount of days of schooling...drop below that, and the year doesn't count...well, it would be non-conforming...something like that...quite often it would be due to school closures during snow times...the days would have to be made up in June...what if...there is a month of closure, due to this virus?...add a month in the summer?...???...

The more I started thinking about, 'hunkered down'...I needed more...the term came from way back...like in the 1700's...my happiest comment was from the Germans...'to sit on one's hams'...anyhoo, it is what we thought it was...to hide away and wait...for whatever one is hiding out for....

The weather peops called for rain today, right now out me window, there's this bright sunshine...what?...


Comments

Popular Posts