(Happy) Valentine's Day

Egads, it started as such a great string of ideas...that turned...well, meandered about...the wrong direction...had it's good moments, then went bad, or awry...then swerved back to the positive...back again...phew, just can't get the breaks...ha ha...this planning of what many call (Happy) Valentine's Day...

The concept was to escape from the crowds at the restaurant, we (I) would prepare a very romantic dinner for the little lady in lieu...consensus the fam made...so, off we went to Costco to get the needed ingredients...Plan number 1...greeting us there, was a thang that I did not expect...stations of red and white all over the bloody place...they had a chocolate covered strawberry area...doing that right before your eyes...cool, but we had to pass...flowers all over the yard...too...which I had already ordered for a considerable greater price...duh...I said something like 'what dude would get his wurman Costco flowers?'...

Plan 2 was the meal...er, dinner...that sounds better...got some prime rib eyes, as the prime filets were not as good looking...the marbling, kids, the marbling...sauntered over to the apples...what?...we are into them for the late afternoon snack...damn if they weren't out of the honey crisp...you ever had those?...settled for some other organic type...which turned out to be simply....awful...that were picked 3 months back...WTF?...c'mon Costco...threw them away...

Plan 3...find some quick fixins for the nite before the VDay...some chicken meatballs...teriyaki and pineapple induced, er, flavored...that, I could NOT taste in them...to repeat the above comment...simply...awful...threw them away....I know, you who are savvy and repeatable Costco shoppers...would load them back up and take them for a refund...not us...not food...it's a gamble if we buy it, we know that...accept it...

Plan 4...stock the booze section in the cupboard...well, for moi...selfish thing here...a big bottle of Jim Beam is $18.99...done...set for the next, well, I dunno...while...we forgot the Chardonnay for M....her fault...ha ha...

Plan 5....got notice that the flowers I had sent had arrived...by noon...at 11:58 am...I paid more for that...one of the great things that the condo does is display all the great flower arrangements on the counter for all the inhabitants to swoon over...listen, I got the big one...24 red roses...with a teddy...and some Godiva chocolates (see why we passed over the chocolate covered strawberries?)...I talked Marsh into going down and picking up a special package as I made lunch...she did...and I awaited some mighty big screams of exhilaration....

Plan 6...'you are something'...I heard as she returned from the front lobby...the flowers were in a BOX!...yup, you are reading me right...BOXED UP!...she has to arrange them herself!!!...WTF?...this is what I paid for?...not what I planned...no swooning...no notoriety...a bloody box...well...being the great gift receiver, she said this is the best way for flowers to be sent...they are fresher...and, I must admit, how she put them in the VAHS...was expertly done and mighty purty...

Plan 7...well, not the plan...after trying to eat the chicken meatballs, I had a bad tummy all eve...and all thru the night...slept like 2 hours total...today, just has to be better...as M is making me some home made scones...perhaps, she will have better luck than I at this...

(Happy) Valentine's Day...

Comments

Popular Posts